Kevin B. Anderson
Kevin B. Anderson was a Professor of Political Science, Sociology and Women's Studies at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN. As of March 2010, he is a Professor of sociology at the University of California-Santa Barbara. He holds an MA and a PhD in Sociology from the City University of New York Graduate Center, and a BA in History from Trinity College, Hartford.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Dialectics of Revolution
- Stephen Eric Bronner, Political Science, Rutgers University, Paper - Socialism and Revolution
- Andrew Kilman, Economics, New York Institute of Technology, Paper - Restructured Capitalism/Alienated Labor
- Douglas Kellner, Philosophy, University of Texas, Paper - Post-Modernism and Revolution
- Kevin Anderson, Sociology, Northern Illinois University, Paper - Lenin, Hegel and Western Marxism
Socialist Scholars Conference 1992
Andrew Kliman, Kevin Anderson, Roslyn Bologh, Paresh Chattopadhyay and Anwar Shaikh, New School for Social Research were speakers on the 125th Anniversary of Marx's Capital panel at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City
DSA’s Cuba Letter
Kevin Anderson signed an April 2003 Statement on Cuba, initiated and circulated by prominent Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) member Leo Casey, calling for the lifting of trade sanctions against Cuba.
- “a statement circulating among democratic left/socialist folks, largely by members of Democratic Socialists of America, condemning the recent trials and convictions of non-violent dissenters in Cuba”.
The petition criticized Cuba's poor human rights record, but shared the blame for Cuba's problems with reactionary elements of the U.S. administration...
- The democratic left worldwide has opposed the U.S. embargo on Cuba as counterproductive, more harmful to the interests of the Cuban people than helpful to political democratization. The Cuban state's current repression of political dissidents amounts to collaboration with the most reactionary elements of the U.S. administration in their efforts to maintain sanctions and to institute even more punitive measures against Cuba.
Many of the petition's 120 odd signatories were known members of DSA.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Kevin Anderson, Professor of Political Science, Sociology and Women's Studies, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.