Jung Hee Choi
Jung Hee Choi...
- The pilot issue of War Times, a new biweekly newspaper opposing the "war on terrorism," will roll off the press on February 14... Featuring an exclusive interview with Danny Glover and a letter to President Bush from Nobel Peace Prize winner Rigoberta Menchu, the premier of this bilingual, free publication will be distributed in several dozen cities across the country.
Serving on the War Times Organizing Committee were:
- Jan Adams, former associate director, Applied Research Center
- Linda Burnham, executive director, Women of Color Resource Center
- Jung Hee Choi, Women of Color Resource Center
- Max Elbaum, former managing editor, CrossRoads magazine
- Arnoldo Garcia, National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
- Adam Gold, STORM
- Rebecca Gordon, Seminarians for Peace
- Felicia Gustin, co-director, Speak Out
- Van Jones, national executive director, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Betita Martinez, director, Institute for MultiRacial Justice
- Steve Williams, executive director, POWER
- Bob Wing, former executive editor, ColorLines magazine
War Times Staff
In 2009 voluntary War Times staff included:
Jan Adams, Karolo Aparicio, Mariana Bustamante, Ruth Warner Carrillo, Jung Hee Choi, Max Elbaum, Arnoldo Garcia, Rebecca Gordon, Felicia Gustin, Hany Khalil, Rachel Kahn, Lynn Koh, Gerald Lenoir, Burton Li, Betita Martinez, Samuel Orozco, Ricardo Ortega, Sushawn Robb, Kerry Taylor and Bob Wing.
Women of Color Resource Center
In 2007 Jung Hee Choi was listed on the DataCenter's annual report as a donor to the organization. The Oakland, California based DataCenter is widely regarded as the intellegence wing of the United States Left and has close ties to Cuba.