Joseph Gerson is disarmament coordinator of the American Friends Service Committee and director of programs for AFSC in New England. He works closely with Asian, European and other international peace and justice movements. His most recent book is Empire and the Bomb: How the US Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World.
In January 2002, a group of San Francisco leftists, mainly involved with STORM or Committees of Correspondence, founded a national anti-Iraq War newspaper War Times. Endorsers of the project included Joseph Gerson.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Fasting against “Star Wars”
In 2008 , Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space promoted a June 22 “Global day of fasting to Stop Star Wars”.
- The global day of fasting to Stop Star Wars on June 22 is one important way for the public to become involved in this debate. All over the world the U.S. is dragging the "allies" into Star Wars and active resistance to the insanity of an arms race in space is growing.
Included on the “fast’ list was Joseph Gerson of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
April 4 Cambridge MA Teach-In on NATO
"The 1% – What’s NATO Got to Do with It? Afghanistan, Libya, Russia, Iran, China & Economic Injustice" , A teach-in with Vijay Prashad, Ellen Frank & Joseph Gerson, was held April 4, 2012 Cambridge Friends Meeting, 5 Longfellow Park (off Brattle Street, near Harvard Square), Massachusetts.
- Peace and justice organizations, community based groups and Occupy are preparing to challenge militarism and austerity when the leaders of the NATO and G-8 nations meet in Chicago this May. Join us to learn what NATO and the G-8 have to do with the world’s wars, economic crises, and making the world safe for the 1%.
Joseph Gerson "is Director of AFSC’s Peace and Economic Security Program. He is a lead organizer of the May 18 Counter-Summit for Peace and Economic Justice in Chicago. His most recent book is Empire and the Bomb: How the U.S. Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World."
- ↑  Disarm now for peace and human needs conference website, accessed July 18, 2010
- ↑ WAR TIMES January 29, 2002
- ↑ Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- ↑ Organizing Notes blog: STAR WARS OR SOCIAL PROGRESS - YOU DECIDE, June 21, 2008 (accessed on April 21, 2010)
- ↑ Endorsers
- ↑ April 4 Cambridge MA Teach-In on NATO with Vijay Prashad, Ellen Frank, and Joseph Gerson, By swolman on February 24, 2012