He is Director of the Arnold M Dubin Labor Education Center at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Soviet front-International Organization of Journalists
Alice Palmer, editor of the Black Press Review was elected International Organization of Journalists vice president for North America at the organization's 10th Congress, October 20-23 1986, in Prague Czechoslovakia. She also traveled to the Soviet Union and Bulgaria during the same trip. Alice Palmer's IOJ duties were to include co-ordinating the activities of IOJ chapters in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean..
Other U.S. attendees included Jan Carew of Black Press Institute, Simon Gerson and Jose Soler of the U.S. branch of IOJ and Gwen McKinney and Leila McDowell-Head of the National Alliance of Third World Journalists.
The IOJ was a Soviet front operation, based in Prague until its expulsion by the Czech government in 1995.
Hands off Cuba!
In 1991 Jose A Soler wrote an article for the People's Weekly World, entitled "Our stake in relations with Cuba". Soler was a member of the Puerto Rican Socialist Party and the president of the New Jersey Hands Off Cuba Committee
Nature, Society and Thought
- ↑ http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/static/17/1/3/,,
- ↑ USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- ↑ Peoples Daily World Dec 24 1986 p 11
- ↑ Peoples Daily World Dec 24 1986 p 10
- ↑ IOJ 10th Conference participants list 1986
- ↑ Yearbook on International Communist Affairs 1991 p 437
- ↑ People's Weekly World Sep. 28 1991 p 19
- ↑ http://homepages.spa.umn.edu/~marquit/nst20n3-4a.pdf