Jim (James) E. Shoch is Associate Professor of Government at Sacramento State.
James Shoch hs a Docorate from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Professor Shoch is the author of Trading Blows: Party Competition and U.S. Trade Policy in a Globalizing Era (Chapel Hill, N.C.: University of North Carolina Press, 2001). He has also published articles on American economic, trade, and industrial policy in Political Science Quarterly, Politics & Society, and elsewhere.
New American Movement
New American Movement 10th convention
In 1981 Bill Barclay, Political Secretary; Beverly Stein, Portland NAM and Jim Shoch, San Francisco NAM led a workshop entitled Chapter Strategies and Coalitional Work at the 10th Convention of the New American Movement. The convention was held in a union headquarters in Chicago and ran from July 29 - August 2, 1981.
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. Sponsors of the event included Jim Shoch.
DSA Conference delegate
DSA Feminist Commission
DSA National Convention
Speakers at the Democratic Socialists of America 2nd National Convention, in Berkeley California, included: Nicaraguan Foreign Minister, Fr. Miguel D'Escoto, Mpho Tutu, daughter of SA Anglican Bishop, Desmond Tutu, Marta Petrusewicz, Barbara Ehrenreich, Rep. Ron Dellums, Elinor Glenn, Michael Harrington, Harold Meyerson, Paulette Pierce, David Plotke, Jim Shoch, Beverly Stein, Mel Pritchard, Jim Jacobs, Dolores Delgado Campbell, Guy Molyneux, Cornel West, Gail Radford.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
The Democratic Party and Electoral Strategy for the Left
- Sponsor: Democratic Socialists of America
- Bernie Sanders, former mayor, Burlington, Vermont
- Jim Shoch, former Democratic Socialists of America Director
- Christine Riddiough, Democratic Socialists of America Vice Chair; former Director National Gay and Lesbian Clubs
Sacramento "Progressive Forum"
- ↑ http://www.csus.edu/govt/ShochBio.html
- ↑ NAM National Council meeting notice Dec 12 1980
- ↑ NAM 10th Convention Agenda, July 29, 1981
- ↑ Tribute to Ben Dobbs program, June 7, 1981
- ↑ DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- ↑ DSA membership letter Oct 24 1984
- ↑ DSA letterhead April 28 1987
- ↑ 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- ↑ Dem Left, Jan/Feb 1986, pages 9-11
- ↑ 8th Socialist Scholars Conference, April 6-8 1990, conference program
- ↑ Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- ↑ Democratic Left, Winter 2009