Speier has been supported by EMILY's List during her campaigning.
The Populist Caucus was founded on February 11, 2009 in the United States House of Representatives by Democrat Bruce Braley of Iowa. The caucus originally included 26 other Democrats in the House, including Jackie Speier.
21st Century Democrats support
21st Century Democrats is a Political Action Committee that has stood for Progressive causes for over 20 years. Founded in 1986 by Institute for Policy Studies affiliate, Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, Democratic Socialists of America affiliates, former Texas Agriculture Secretary Jim Hightower, and former Illinois Congressman Lane Evans. Its three main goals are to help elect progressive candidates, train young people about grassroots organizing, and lastly, to continue to support our elected officials after Election Day "through our comprehensive progressive network".
The mission of 21st Century Democrats is to build a "farm team" of progressive populists who will be the future leaders of the Democratic Party.
- In each election cycle, we endorse a diverse array of candidates who exemplify our values and show unusual promise to advance our progressive goals. We invest in some of the most competitive races as well as in some of the most challenging – those in which the candidates are outstanding but the traditional Democratic supporters are most reticent. We back candidates in primaries as well as general election races, and we focus the bulk of our resources on electing challengers and protecting vulnerable incumbents.
Supported Lifting the Gaza Blockade
On Jan. 27, 2010, U.S. Representatives Keith Ellison and Jim McDermott led 52 other members of Congress in signing a letter addressed to President Barack Obama, calling for him to use diplomatic pressure to resolve the blockade affecting Gaza. Jackie Speier was one of the signatories of the letter.  The entire letter together with a complete list of signatories can be read by clicking here.
Leading with Love
Members of the Host Committee included Jackie Speier.
Phillip Burton Awards Committee
In 2013, the Honorary Phillip Burton Awards Committee, of the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, consisted of;
- Jeff Adachi, San Francisco Public Defender
- The Honorable David Campos, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable David Chiu, President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- Carmen Chu, San Francisco Assessor-Recorder
- The Honorable Malia Cohen, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Anna Eshoo, US Representative for California
- The Honorable Mark Farrell, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Dianne Feinstein, US Senator for California
- The Honorable Barbara Lee, US Representative for California
- The Honorable Zoe Lofgren, US Representative for California
- The Honorable Eric Mar, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable George Miller, US Representative for California
- The Honorable Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Leader of the US House of Representatives
- The Honorable Jackie Speier, US Representative for California
- The Honorable Katy Tang, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Scott Wiener, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Norman Yee, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- ↑ 21st Century Democrats website, About us]
- ↑ 21st Century Democrats 2012 bio
- ↑ The Minnesota Independent: Ellison, McCollum and Oberstar urge Obama to lift Gaza blockade, Jan. 26, 2010 (accessed on March 14, 2011)
- ↑ LEL webpage, accessed Jan. 21st, 2012
- ↑ Immigrant Legal Resource Center, 23rd Phillip Burton Immigration & Civil Rights Awards