Hillary Rodham Clinton graduated from Wellesley College in 1969.
While at Wellesley
- While at Wellesley College, Clinton served for a time as president of the Wellesley chapter of College Republicans.
- According to author Carl Bernstein in his book A Woman in Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton, Clinton's "time at Wellesley was not made easier by whatever tendency toward depression she had either inherited or developed -- a tendency that surfaced again in the White House."
- Clinton brought Saul Alinsky to campus for a talk on revolution. He offered her a job after graduation, but she turned it down to attend law school.
- Senior Thesis:
- Controversy at graduation when Hillary Clinton rebukes U.S. Senator Edward Brooke: Student Rebukes Brooke at Wellesley Graduation
- Hillary was chosen as the first ever student to deliver the commencement speech at Wellesley.
- Don Jones was considered the "most important man in her life during the Wellesley years."
- Hillary was elected president of her student class in 1968. She said to a professor: "I can't believe what just happened! I was just elected president of the government. Can you believe it? Can you believe that happened?