Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Do the Right Thing Revisited
- Sponsor: Cineaste
- Moderator: Leonard Quart, Film, College of Staten Island
- Dan Georgakas, Editor, Cineaste
- Herb Boyd, critic, National Guardian
- William Mackey, Jr., Van Arsdale School of Labor Studies, Empire State College
Malcolm X conference
A conference, Malcolm X: Radical Tradition and a Legacy of Struggle was held in New York City, November 14 1990.
The Malcolm X, Art and Culture panel included;
- Maryemma Graham, Northeastern University
- Herb Boyd, cultural critic publishing in Amsterdam News and the Guardian Newspapers
- Tom Porter, cultural critic, author of "Social Roots of African American Music"
- St. Clair Bourne, award winning film maker
- Malik Edwards, Malcolm X Day Committee of Washington, D.C.
Socialist Scholars Conference
Robert Mast, Democratic Socialists of America, Herb Boyd, The Guardian, Dan Georgkas and Michael Smith were speakers on the What's Left in Detroit panel sponsored by CUNY and Democratic Socialists of America at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City.