Henry Lowendorf is a Connecticut activist.
Communist Party USA
Alfred Marder, Art Perlo, Brian Steinberg, Dorothy Johnson, Eda diBiccari, Edie Fishman, Edward Broderick, George Fishman, Henry Lowendorf, James Barnes Jr, Joelle Fishman, Joseph Taylor, Lola Johnson, Mary Johnson, Melvin Gonzalez Mendez, Pamella Saffer, Yusuf Gursey, Sallie Caswell Thomas, Tom Connolly Reed Smith, Jr. .
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Greater New Haven Peace Council
Disarm Now! conference
In June 2010, Henry Lowendorf addressed the Disarm Now! Conference, Riverside church, New York. (Workshop: National Struggles Against the Violence of Global Imperialism), Lowendorf chairs the Greater New Haven Peace Council and No Nukes No War, Connecticut, USA.
Anti NATO activism in Portugal
- Heads of state of all the NATO countries are meeting here at a special summit to expand the military alliance’s role in the world. President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton lead an enormous contingent from the U.S.
- Opposing this summit and its threat to peace, the World Peace Council (WPC) and the Portuguese Council for Peace and Cooperation (CPPC) beginning last January built a large, broad coalition to prepare anti-NATO activities in Lisbon. The coalition is called Paz Sim! NATO Nâo! Peace Yes! NATO NO!
- Yesterday the CPPC organized an anti-NATO conference in the municipality of Almada immediately across the Tagus River. The vice president of the town council welcomed participants.
- WPC President, Socorro Gomes of Brazil opened the conference. There is no justification for the NATO military alliance, she said. With its invasion of Yugoslavia in 1999 and of Afghanistan in 2001 and the new powers it is giving itself, it is turning the world into a military camp.
- But the main event of the anti-NATO effort is the demonstration this afternoon. I can’t wait to see what that looks like, from the inside.
Alfred L. Marder 90th Birthday Celebration
Hon. Rosa DeLauro, Sen. Toni Harp, Sen. Martin Looney, Rep. Juan Candelaria, Rep. Patricia Dillon, Rep. Toni Edmonds Walker, Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield, Rep. Roland Lemar, Ald. Jorge Perez, President, New Haven Board of Aldermen, Ambassador Sylvester Rowe, Mohammed Barrie, Vinie Burrows, Mary Compton, Joelle Fishman, Craig Gauthier, Emanuel Gomez, Hilda Kilpatrick, Henry Lowendorf, Kenneth Marder, Rev. Scott Marks, William Morico, John Olsen, Quentin Snediker, Jarvis Tyner, Andrea van den Heever, Susan Yolen
A statement issued on the committee's behalf read;
- Dear Friends and Family of Al Marder,
- We are excited to invite you to celebrate the 90th birthday of Al Marder and to recognize his many contributions, international and local, toward world peace, justice and equality.
- Please join us in this joyous occasion on Sunday, March 18, at 3:00 pm at the New Haven Peoples Center, 37 Howe Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06511.
- ↑ We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- ↑ Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- ↑  Progressive Action Roundtable: providing a forum for progressive groups in the Greater New Haven Area, accessed July 19, 2010
- ↑  conference speaker bios, accessed, July 18, 2010
- ↑ Special Report on Anti-NATO Demonstrations in Lisbon, Portugal— By Henry Lowendorf, USPC Representative, November 10, 2010 —USPC website, accessed Dec. 29, 2010
- ↑ New haven People's center blog, Tuesday, March 6, 2012, Alfred L. Marder 90th Birthday Celebration