Dr. George Wald
Massachusetts Committee to Abolish HUAC
As at February 28, 1969, George Wald was listed as a sponsor of the Massachusetts Committee to Abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee.
Institute for Policy Studies
Dr George Wald was a memberof the Institute for Policy Studies 20th Anniversary Committee, which organized an April 5, 1983, reception at the National Building Museum, Washington DC attended by approximately 1,000 IPS staffers and former staff.
All-Peoples Congress National Advisory Board
- Bella Abzug WOMEN. U.S.A.
- Isaiah Bennett President. A. Philip Randolph Institute. South Carolina President, Local J5A., Retail.Wholesale and Department Store Employees Union.
- Josephine D. Butler Chairperson. D.C. Statehood Party
- Reverend Victor Carpenter , Senior Minister, Arlington Street Church
- Ramsey Clark, Former U.S: Attorney General
- Lynda Clendenning, Vice President; AFSÇME Maryland State Employees Council
- Emile D'Antonio, Film Director
- Dick Gregory
- Dr. Michio Kaku Prfessor of Nuclear Physics. City College, of New York.
- Corita Kent, Artist
- Paul O'Dwyer Former President. New York City Council
- Margaret Ratner, Attorney
- Jewel Ryan White, President, National Black Communications Coalition President. Local 5011, Communications Workers of America
- Wilard Uphaus, World Fellowship of Faiths
- George Wald, Nobel Prize Laureate, Harvard University
- Quentin Young, M.D.
Conference on Socialism and Activism
The Maoist-oriented weekly newspaper, The Guardian of November 27, 1985, on Page 14, featured a half-page announcement about the upcoming Conference on Socialism and Activism to be held on December 6-8, 1985, at Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City. It was "sponsored" by The Guardian, The Nation Institute, The Progressive (magazine), and WBAI-FM (one of the Pacifica stations).
Keynote Speakers were;
- Rev. William Sloan Coffin, Jr. - Riverside Church
- Sidney Lens - Senoir Editor, Progressive Magazine
- Prof. George Wald - Nobel Laureate
- Barbara Ehrenreich- Co-Chairperson, DSA
- Dr. Michio Kaku - Nuclear Physicist
- David Paterson - New York State Senator
- Anne Braden - Southern Organizing Committee SOC aka Southern Organizing Committee for Economic Justice SOCEJ
- Representatives from African National Congress ANC