George Popyack is an International Vice President for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees from Oakland, California.
- Dear President McEntee:
- We are writing to protest in the strongest terms the negative campaign that AFSCME is conducting against Barack Obama. We do not believe that such a wholesale assault on one of the great friends of our union was ever contemplated when the International Executive Board (IEB) made its decision to endorse Hillary Clinton...
- We are calling on you to take whatever action that is within your legal purview to immediately end AFSCME's attack campaign against Sen. Obama. In the event that you are not able to legally compel these staff members to cease these actions, we are calling on you to immediately take action to discontinue such independent expenditures in order to ensure that no further attacks occur. And we also urge you to ensure that no funds are utilized to wage such "attack campaigns" among our own members.
- In solidarity,
- Ken Allen, International Vice-President, Oregon
- Henry Bayer, International Vice-President, Illinois
- Greg Devereux, International Vice-President, Washington
- Sal Luciano, International Vice-President, Connecticut
- Roberta Lynch, International Vice-President, Illinois
- George Popyack, International Vice-President, California
- Eliot Seide, International Vice-President, Minnesota