First Annual Fannie Lou Hammer Awards Dinner
According to an article, "Plan award's dinner to honor activists", Daily World, Feb. 19, 1983, p. 4.
"Ms. Bozeman and Ms. Wilder were unjustly convicted of vote fraud when they helped elderly people vote in Pickens County, Alabama. They were jailed but later released due to nationwide protests. Currently, ms. Wilder and Ms. Bozeman are on parole and denied the use of their voting rights..."
"Joing WREE will be city and state officials; leaders from civil rights organizations and liberation movement, and representatives from church and women's groups."
- Judge Bruce Wright
- Ruth Messinger - City Councilwoman (i.e. NY City)
- Representative Charles Rangel
- Geraldine Daniels - (possibly of NYC)
- Josephine LeBeau - of the Coalition of Labor Union Women CLUW (a heavily CPUSA infiltrated organization)
- Cathy Andrade - of ILGWU
- Elombe Brath - of the Patrice Lumumba Coalition (i.e. a veteran marxist activist), will be among the participants."