Estevan Bassett-Nembhard..is New York City organizer of the Communist Party USA. He has led community campaigns for the Black Radical Congress, the Young Communist League and La Fuente. He traveled the country helping health care workers form unions with the Service Employees International Union. 
"WE’RE NOT GOING BACK!"
"WE’RE NOT GOING BACK! Annual celebration of African American culture and struggle".
- The defeat of Trump’s coup must be celebrated. The forces of reaction tried by legal maneuvering and brute force to steal the US presidency, but were unsuccessful. For the second time since 1980, the extreme right-wing of the monopoly capitalist class has lost its control of the US political landscape. We are at a turning point on the road to freedom. The movement to defend and expand democracy has made powerful steps and must continue pushing forward.
Keynote Speaker: Professor Gerald Horne
Panelists will include: Rossana Cambron, Communist Party USA*, Hon. Robert Jackson, New York State Senate*, Tamika Mallory, Until Freedom*, Rev. West McNeill, NYS Poor People's Campaign* / NYS Labor-Religion Coalition*
The Host Committee (partial list) Zakiyah Ansari, Michael Arney, Kazembe Balagun, Kazu Bernstein, Bianca Cunningham, Bernard Cylich, Susan DiRaimo, Ava Farkas, Pat Fry, Diana Harris, Joel Hertzog, Nova Lucero, Beatrice Lumpkin, Ana Melendez, Marina Metalios, Dr. Gerald Meyer, Charles Mohan, Radhames Morales, Dr. Mark Naison, Estevan Nembhard, Cameron Orr, Cheryl Pahaham, Dr. Mary Louise Patterson, Ibrahim Pedrinan, Carmen Quinones, Carol Ramos, Hon. Carmen De La Rosa, August Scott, Michael Shulman, Joe Sims, Toni Smith, Dominick Tuminaro, Jarvis Tyner, Janice Walcott, Jason Walker, Jorel Ware, Matthew Weinstein, Jawanza Williams.
“NYPD kills on patrol! How are we going to stop them? Community control!” chanted the crowd following the direction of Jessica Schwartz, an organizer representing the New York Community Action Project.
The National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression (NAARPR) called a “national day of protest” for Saturday, September 19, to demand an immediate stop to police crimes, a complete withdraw of federal troops, and community control of the police.
The Communist Party of New York along with the YCL organizing committee sent a contingent to the NAARPR’s rally in Union Square where Tiana Mack, a representative of the CP Uptown Manhattan/Bronx club spoke stating, “Outsiders should not be allowed to come into our communities to terrorize African Americans on a daily basis. The daily violence perpetrated against Blacks has got to stop! It is a crime against humanity.
Estevan Bassett-Nembhard, another member of the Uptown/Bronx club, welcomed the various coalition organizations present, which included Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!, New Students for a Democratic Society, and New York Community Action Project. “We may not agree on everything. Some of us here are communists, others are socialist, progressive or even pro-capitalist. But we are all here for one thing, and that’s to take care of our communities. That starts with community control of the police,” Nembhard stated.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Esteven Nembhard, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Left Forum 2005
We Got Next: Youth Activism in Harlem:
- Sponsor: Global Left Dialogue
- Chair: Mike Tyner, Uptown for Peace and Justice
- Que Alequin, Uptown for Peace and Justice
- Jeanette Caceres, Uptown for Peace and Justice
- Alcy Montes, Uptown for Peace and Justice
- Estevan Nembhard, Uptown for Peace and Justice, Chair of the Young Communist Uptown Club. He is currently working on the campaign to get a street named after Ben Davis. He also heads Blacklist Records a record company dedicated to uplifting the people.
Left Forum 2012
For Democracy? For Ending Capitalism? For Socialism?: A Diverse discussion on Strategy and Tactics
Communists support Bill Thompson
Harlem rally against gun violence
More than 2,000 predominantly Black and Latino working people gathered March 21, 2013, on Adam Clayton Powell Blvd. in Harlem in a militant protest against gun violence.
Organized by a broad coalition of labor and people's organizations, it was a "powerful grassroots protest against the National Riffle Association and a warning to Congress that it must pass strong gun control legislation, including a ban on assault weapons."
Leslie Cagan, who was part of the organizing team for the rally, said that the demonstration was particularly important in light of the Senate leadership having announced that day that the assault weapons ban would be left out of the legislative package. "We need Congress to find the backbone to stand up for communities and families here in Harlem and all over the country," Cagan declared.
Estevan Nembhard, Manhattan organizer for the Communist Party USA, pointed out that "it is common knowledge in Harlem and in ghettos and barrios across the country; when the unemployment rate and drop-out rate goes up, so does desperation and violence. This rally is very important and will help but not enough was said about the root causes of violence; the lack of jobs, education, the presence of drugs and the absence of a real future for our youth."
Ras Baraka support
African American Equality Commission
In July 2015, Members of African American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group included Estevan Nembhard.
- Closed working group for the African American Equality Commission of the CP USA. This is a space for members of the commission to brainstorm, communicate, and work through ideas between official meetings.
"Marxism for the 99%."
The New York district of the Communist Party held a series of 4 classes in May and June 2015, titled "Marxism for the 99%." The classes were aimed at new members and others interested in a basic introduction to Marxism."Club members invited friends and contacts," said Estevan Nembhard-Bassett, NY CP organizer.
A total of 30 people attended the four week course equally Communist Party members and interested friends, all of various ages and backgrounds. Nembhard-Bassett indicated five new people came from the online efforts. Over 30 expressed interest in the school on the Facebook event page. The classes were also streamed online.
Each of the classes was led by a member of the party's state committee. Lively discussions were held at each class. Participants read The Communist Manifesto, The Road to Socialism, Can Capitalism Last? by Danny Rubin, and Introduction to Marx, Engels, Marxism by Lenin. People who attended enjoyed delicious potluck dinners before each class prepared and brought from home by many attendees.
The first class was taught by Danny Rubin, in which he described how Marxism shows why capitalism produces poverty, exploitation, racism, reaction and war, and how socialism will lay the basis for ending these evils and lead to peace, equality, democracy and common prosperity.
Estevan Nembhard taught the second session explaining why capitalism always strives for maximum profits at the expense of the working class and results in class struggle. He explained the theory of surplus value and historical materialism.
Tina Nannarone taught the third class on Marxist Sstrategy and tactics. The group discussed examples of strategies that were successful and strategies that failed. Students discussed what analysis is necessary to plan successful strategies. Nannarone discussed Marxist methodology and why its use is necessary to achieve socialism.
The final class was taught by Jarvis Tyner with the title "To Win Socialism." He examined what it will take to achieve socialism, what role the labor movement must play and why a strong democratic movement led by the working class is needed.
What's race got to do with it?
"What's race got to do with it? Class, ethnicity and conflict in an evolving U.S. nation"
Sunday 15 February 2015, 20:00, Organized by : Communist Party USA
- Join us for a Sunday evening discussion of Lenin's analysis of nations and national oppression and their applicability to 21st century America. Joe Sims will facilitate.
Those indicating they would attend on Wherevent include Dee Myles, Casey Doyle, Michelle Kern, Keri Rautenkranz Barbara Russum, Christian L. Wade, Athena Matyear, Emily Nashoba Dykes, Abby Liz, Betty Smith, Kelly Sinclair, Kathleen Casey, Chris Reynolds, Charles Brown, Josh Leclair, Roberto J. Mercado, Emile Schepers, Christopher D. Sims, Abdol H. Banaei, Zachary Clereigh, David Bender, Earchiel Johnson, Dan Power, Ahmad Budi, Adam R. Raven, Kyle Ritzinger, John Milam, Estevan Nembhard, Adrian Felty Ken Heard, Jordan Stepleton, Badreldin Elfaisal, Daniel Sankey, Hasan İncedere, Armando Ramirez, Chris Elliott, Larry Burks II . 
Albany rent control arrests
June 3, 2015 ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS 10) - The New York State Police arrested dozens of people, including a few lawmakers, at the Capitol Wednesday afternoon. Protesters blocked the entrance to the Hall of Governors and refused to move. They were protesting rent control regulations. State Police arrested 55 people for Disorderly Conduct. According to police, three Assembly members, three Senators, and three New York City council members were arrested.
Everyone who was arrested was issued appearance tickets for the City of Albany County split among June 10, June 11 and June 12.
The following were arrested, according to NYSP:
- Marcele Mitaynes, 41, Brooklyn, NY
- Richard Barr, 70, New York, NY
- Lawrence Wood, 57, New York, NY
- Michell Speight, 57, New Rochelle, NY
- William Perkins, 66, New York, NY
- Beatrice Biggins, 34, New York, NY
- Ava Farkas, 34, New York, NY
- Juana Soriano, 74, New York, NY
- Elliott Roseboro, 69, Brooklyn, NY
- James Lister, 60, New York, NY
- Nabil Ahmed Hassein, 26, Brooklyn, NY
- Estevan Nembhard, 34, New York, NY
- Brad Holyman, 49, New York, NY
- Rodneyse Bichotte, 34, Brooklyn, NY
- Eugenie Dubnau, 77, New York, NY
- Henry Bergold, 24, Brooklyn, NY
- Jessica Wolff , 26, Brooklyn, NY
- Peter Nagy, 30, Brooklyn, NY
- Marina Metalios, 52, New York, NY
- Samuel Frank, 53, Brooklyn, NY
- Maria Beri, 70, New York, NY
- Maria Maisonet, 56, Brooklyn, NY
- Tomas Guzman, 64, New York, NY
- Maritza Davila-Amador, 51, Brooklyn, NY
- Luis Tejada, 56, New York, NY
- Jumaane D. Williams, 40, Brooklyn, NY
- Walter Mosley, 51, Brooklyn, NY
- Adriano Espaillat, 60, New York, NY
- Maritza Silva-Farrell, 38, Brooklyn, NY
- Corey Johnson, 33, New York, NY
- Robert Kalin, 61, New York, NY
- Joel Feingold, 30, Brooklyn, NY
- Carol Cage, 72, New York, NY
- Jean Hunte, 52, Eastern Parkway, NY
- Mark Gering, 56, Brooklyn, NY
- Katherine Goldstein, 30, Brooklyn, NY
- Stevenson Nurse, 61, Bronx, NY
- Maria Echart, 60, Corona, NY
- Reginald Brown, 63, Brooklyn, NY
- Konstantino Marangoudakis, 40, Brooklyn, NY
- Ryan Dubois, 25, Coram, NY
- Julia Boyd, 78, Brooklyn, NY
- Anne Perryman, 73, New York, NY
- Robert Shulman, 60, New York, NY
- Erik Buttcher, 36, New York, NY
- Richard Gottfried, 68, New York, NY
- Michael McKee, 75, New York, NY
- Dolores Molina, 68, Queens, NY
- Esteban Giron, 36, Brooklyn, NY
- Constance Lesold, 77, Brooklyn, NY
- Angel Vera, 52, Brooklyn, NY
- Nadia Pinder, 21, Brooklyn, NY
- William Lipton, 46, Brooklyn, NY
- Alice Sutter, 67, New York, NY
- Laurie Cumbo, 40, Brooklyn, NY
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Estevan Nembhard.
CPUSA Environmental Action
CPUSA Environmental Action is a Facebook closed group. It is "a meeting place for members and friends of the Communist Party USA to discuss environmental issues (especially climate change), share information, and coordinate activities".
As of June 21, 2017 members included Estevan Nembhard;
- PW, Estevan Bassett-Nembhard bio, accessed June 25, 2013
- PW, Youth wins victory over racist police violence, by: Dan Margolis, December 3 2004
- PW Thousands in Harlem rally against gun violence, by: Jarvis Tyner March 27 2013
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015
- for the 99%: classes hosted by NY CP by: Tina Nannarone August 27 2015
- Dozens arrested at Capitol while protesting rent control By: Andrew Murphy Posted: Jun 03, 2015 04:40 PM EDT