Elena Mora is a "community activist" in the Bronx, where she lives in one of the oldest cooperative housing developments in the country. She is currently the development director for Longview Publishing Inc. and the Fund for Progress.
CPUSA Organization Commission
As at March 1994, the following were members of the Organization Commission of the Communist Party USA: Sam Webb, chair; Pat Barile; Judith LeBlanc; Carole Marks; Elena Mora; Esther Moroze; and Joe Sims.
2000 PWW award luncheon
On October 22, 2000 the Peoples Weekly World held its 4th annual celebration luncheon in New York, at the Henry Winston Auditorium.
- Ernesto Jofre, president of UNITE Local 169
- International Longshoreman's Association, Local 1814
- Committee Against Anti-Asian Violence
Speakers included City Councilmembers Bill Perkins and Christine Quinn, Assemblymember Richard Gottfried, State Senator Tom Duane, Larry Moskowitz of the Communist Party USA and Working Families Party and Elena Mora for the Communist Party.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Elena Mora, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Peoples World personnel
- Co-editors, Joe Sims, Susan Webb, Teresa Albano
- Mundo Popular Coordinators, Rossanna Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor, John Wojcik
- Political Correspondent Tim Wheeler
- Business Manager, Jenn Delgado
- Contributing Editors, Marilyn Bechtel, Pepe Lozano, Barbara Russum, W. T. Whitney, Joel Wendland, Roberta Wood
- Volunteer Translators and Copyeditors (list in formation), Sijisfredo Aviles, Jesus Alvarado, Bill Appelhans, Jim Lane, Owen Williamson
Bureau Chiefs and National Contibutors, Juan Lopez (N. Calif.), Rossanna Cambron (S. Calif.), Joelle Fishman (Conn.), John Bachtell (Ill.), John Rummel (Mich.), Tony Pecinovsky (Mo.), Dan Margolis (N.Y.), Rick Nagin (Ohio), Libero Della Piana, Scott Marshall, Elena Mora, Emile Schepers, Jarvis Tyner, Sam Webb
2011 Better World Awards banquet
Local People's World readers and contributors held their annual Better World Awards banquet May 29, focusing on the fight for quality public education.
Pioneering civil rights activist Dorothy Burnham was warmly received with a standing ovation after she received her award. At 96 years old, the program was not long enough to mention all her life's work, which began in the 1930s with the American Student Union and continued in the 1940s with the Southern Negro Youth Congress in Birmingham. She has long been active in women's and peace organizations, and is currently she is president of the Louis E. Burnham Awards Fund.
Elena Mora, a union grievance representative, hosted the event. At one point, Mora asked all those who are present or former educators to stand and be recognized. To everyone's surprise, a third of the audience stood and received a loud ovation. The audience was a multiracial full house of all ages.
- ↑ http://www.peoplesworld.org/elena-mora-2
- ↑ Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today By Harvey Klehr.page 43
- ↑ Political Affairs, March 1994
- ↑ PWW October 7, 2000, page 2
- ↑ PWW, ...in NYC, November 4, 2000, page 2
- ↑ http://www.pww.org/index.php/article/articleview/882/
- ↑ http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/static/17/1/3/,,
- ↑ Contact the People's World, accessed Dec. 27, 2010
- ↑ PW People’s World hosts awards banquet in New York, Gabe Falsetta June 2 2011