Edith Villastrigo was legislative director of Women Strike for Peace.
World Peace Council
Villastrigo had a connection to the Soviet front, the World Peace Council.
Attendees included Katherine Camp, International President of the Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, Rep. Ron Dellums, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers president William Winpisinger, Edith Villastrigo, legislative director of Women Strike for Peace, Illinois State Representative Peggy Martin Smith and Connecticut State Representative Irving Stolberg.
- We publish in this booklet a list of members of the World Peace Council elected at the Council's Session in Warsaw in 1977.
U.S. members listed, included; Edith Villastrigo , Legislative Representative, Women Strike for Peace.
U. S. Peace Council sponsor
- Canon Frederick B. Williams, president, Council of Churches of Manhattan
- Alden Whitman
- Edith Villastrigo, director, Washington Office, WSP
- Jackie Vaughn, III, Michigan State Senator
- Fred Stover, U.S. Farmers Association
- Rev. Anthony M. Stevens Arroyo, director, CEMI, Pax Christi
- Dr. Robert J. Schwartz, chairman, New York SANE
- Jack Sangster, Fund for New Priorities in America
- Ruth Messinger, New York City Council
- Maryann Mahaffey, Erma Henderson and Clyde Cleveland, Detroit City Council members
- Dr. L. Charles Gray, vice president, Christian Peace Conference
- Donna Cooper, Washington D.C. Peace Center
- Rep. Carol Moseley Braun, Illinois
- Marjorie Boehm, president, U.S. section, WILPF