In 2005 Colan Holmes was involved with the University of Missouri-Columbia's United Activists' Network.
Communist Party USA
Colan Holmes, Garon Foxx, Glenn Burleigh, Jim Wilkerson, Jocelyn Cochran-Biggs, Joey Mooney, John Pappademos, Julie Terbrock, Katrina Molnar, Kaveh Razani, Margarida Jorge, Mary Barbur , Nafisa Kabir, Phil Webb, Quincy Boyd, Russ Ford, Steve Johnson, Tony Pecinovsky, Yvette Harris, Zenobia Thompson.
Karl Marx Reading Group
Colan Holmes had a letter published in the March 8 2007 edition of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- As the sole Marxist graduating from the University of Missouri School of Journalism this semester, I’m honored that a neo-Nazi hate group will be protesting me. I’m not only studying public relations; I’m also the president of the Karl Marx Reading Group. As such, I’d like to address a misconception I’ve encountered often: If Nazis are National Socialists, why do they and Marxists not get along?
- Socialism existed before Marx. The goal of socialism is to guide the economy in a manner that benefits society. If one is a Nazi, one would define a good society as one that excludes minorities and promotes leadership of the economy by those who have proved themselves masters. National socialism is based on efficiency and favors a corporate welfare state.
- In contrast, Marxism is "socialism by the people, for the people." In a Marxist state, businesses are union-run and profit is to be distributed to everyone - regardless of sexual preference, race or gender - as equally as possible. That is not to say that Marxism works perfectly - neither does capitalism in many countries. Its relative success is a question of circumstance.
- Colan Holmes, president, The Karl Marx Reading Group
- member of the Communist Party, USA.
Missouri Protection&Advocacy Service
In 2008 Colan Holmes was working as Missouri Protection&Advocacy Service Public Relations Specialist. Colan graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2007 and began first professional career with MO P&A right before the New Year.
- ↑ http://220.127.116.11/search?q=cache:nlKAZtKdlE8J:www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-130238146.html+colan+holmes&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&client=firefox-a
- ↑ We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- ↑ http://archive.showmenews.com/2007/Mar/20070308Comm004.asp
- ↑ http://www.moadvocacy.org/ALLIANCE%201-2.pdf