Robeson event sponsors
Sponsors of the event included poet Amina Baraka, Grace T. Bassett, actress Vinie Burrows, former Peoples Voice editor Marvel Cooke, Councilmember Tom Duane, Attorney Rob Ellis, Assemblymember Roger Green, Gus Hall, Councilmember Bill Perkins, labor unionist Bobbie Rabinowitz, actor John Randolph, Pete Robinson, poet Sonia Sanchez, singer Pete Seeger, labor unionist Chris Silvera, PWW editor Tim Wheeler, New York City Coalition of Black Trade Unionists president Jim Webb and labor unionist Ira Williams.
2000 WFP Convention
The New York Working Families Party 2000 Convention was held at the Desmond Hotel, March 26.
- Jim Duncan, WFP co-chair and statewide political director of the United Auto Workers
- Bertha Lewis, WFP co-chair and chair of New York ACORN
- Bob Masters, WFP co-chair and statewide political director of the Communication Workers of America
- State Senator Eric Schneiderman
- Chris Silvera, Treasurer of Teamsters local 808
- Dennis Hughes, president New York Federation of Labor
- Jose Velazquez, Lithographers local 1 organizer
- Ed Vargas, director of the state council of UNITE
- Karen Scharff, executive director of Citizen Action New York
- Jim Hightower
- Maude Hurd, national chair of ACORN
- Bradley Erck, a rep. on the Niagara County legislature and UAW Local 686, legislative committee chair
- Larry Handley, President Amalgamated Transit Union
- Arthur Cheliotes, president of Communication Workers of America local 1180
- Hillary Clinton
Anti War rally
Hundreds of activists braved the cold for a march and rally that began at Times Square in New York City on Feb. 17, 2007.
Speakers included Berna Ellorin, BAYAN-USA; Mary Lou Al-Awda, Palestine Right of Return Coalition; Mary Klopart, Grannies for Peace; Ellie Ommani, American-Iranian Friendship Committee; Comrade Shahid, Pakistani USA Freedom Forum; Mia Cruz, FIST; Fallou Gueye, Union of African Workers-Senegalese; Jesse Heiwa, Rainbow Solidarity for the Cuban Five; WayQuay, Leonard Peltier Defense Committee; Jonathan Brown, World Can’t Wait; TONC representatives Larry Holmes, Brenda Stokely, Sara Flounders, Sharon Black and Dustin Langley.
Other speakers included Councilperson Charles Barron, who recently introduced a local resolution against the war funding, Chris Silvera, chair of the Teamsters National Black Caucus and representatives from Millions for Mumia and Fanmi Lavalas.
March on Wall Street
- Because we must demand that the needs of the people come before the greed of the super rich. Millions are jobless and homeless, and millions more will be living on the streets if the government continues to waste trillions of dollars on saving wealthy bankers instead of saving people.
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
In 2008 Chris Silvera, Secretary/Treasurer, International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 808, Long Island, NY signed a statement circulated by the Partisan Defense Committee calling for the release of convicted “cop-killer” Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Better World Awards
The New York Communist Party USA hosts an annual Better World Awards banquet.
Past honorees and speakers include : former NY State Assemblyman Frank Barbaro; Marvel Cooke; Domino sugar workers, ILA Local 1814; Ernesto Jofre (UNITE); Julie Margolin; NY State Senator Bill Perkins; Chris Silvera, Teamsters local 808; NY City Councilwoman Letitia James; Rev. Lucius Walker, Pastors for Peace; former US Congressman Major Owens; Betty Smith, International Publishers; NY City Councilman Robert Jackson; Adolfo Fana; Make the Road by Walking; TWU Local 100, NY Taxi Workers Alliance; Brooklyn for Peace; Estelle Katz etc. 
- PWW March 21, 1998, page 2
- Peoples Weekly World, April 22, 2000, pages 10,11,
- Struggle heats up vs. Iraq war funding, By Monica Moorehead. New York Feb 21, 2007
- Signers of Campaign to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Now
- [http://events.nydailynews.com/new-york-ny/events/show/186417946-2011-annual-better-world-awards-luncheon NY Daily News events, 2011 Annual Better World Awards Luncheon Sunday, May 22 1:30p at Winston Unity Hall, New York, NY]