Center for Immigration Studies
The Center for Immigration Studies was founded in 1985 and claims to be an "independent, non-partisan, non-profit, research organization" which seeks to improve immigration policies in the United States.
The mission of the Center is to provide "immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States."
On their webstite they state,
- "Our board, our staff, our researchers, and our contributor base are not predominantly "liberal" or predominantly "conservative." Instead, we believe in common that debates about immigration policy that are well-informed and grounded in objective data will lead to better immigration policies."
As at August 20, 2010, the following worked for the Center:
- Mark Krikorian, Executive Director
- Steven A. Camarota, Director of Research
- Cynthia Owens, Director of Administration
- John Wahala, Assistant Director
- Jessica Vaughan, Director of Policy Studies
- Janice Kephart, Director of National Security Policy
- Stephen Steinlight, Senior Policy Analyst
- Jerry Kammer, Senior Research Fellow
- Jon Feere, Legal Policy Analyst
- Thomas P. Redding, Research Associate
- Bryan Griffith, Communications Associate
- Karen Jensenius, Demographer
- Alex Coleman, News Editor
- Tomika Herrien, Project Assistant