Carl Bloice is a writer in San Francisco, a member of the National Coordinating Committees of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism and formerly worked for a healthcare union.
National Anti-Imperialist Conference in Solidarity With African Liberation
Carl Bloice, Editor of Peoples World was named as a sponsor of the Communist Party USA dominated National Anti-Imperialist Conference in Solidarity With African Liberation held at Dunbar Vocational High School, Martin Luther King Drive, Chicago, October 19 to 21 1973.
U.S. Peace Council sponsor
In 1979 Carl Bloice, Editor, Peoples World, The Peoples World was the West Coast version of the CPUSA's Daily Worker/Peoples Daily World , was listed as a founding sponsor of the Communist Party USA front, the U.S. Peace Council.
We Will Make Peace Prevail!
On March 28, 1982 the New World Review organized a gala luncheon "We Will Make Peace Prevail! Disarmament Over Confrontation, Life Over Death", at the Grand Ballroom, Hotel Roosevelt, New York City. Virtually all participants were identified as Communist Party USA.
Carl Bloice was listed on the Committee of Sponsors.
People's Daily World
Bloice was listed as the "Associate Editor" of the PDW, Jan. 13, 1989, p. 8.
Bloice was stilled listed as "Associate Editor", "Moscow Beat" - Moscow correspondent, and "Developments in the Soviet Union" section correspondent as of April 20, 1991, PWW (before he left the CPUSA and jointed the marxist split-off COCDS) COC
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Political Change in Eastern Europe: A Roundtable Discussion
- Sponsor: Science and Society
- John Cammett, History, John Jay College, CUNY
- Carl Bloice, Moscow correspondent, Peoples Daily World
- Renate Bridenthal, History, Brooklyn College
- Joan Ecklein, University of Massachusetts
Communist Party dissidents
On November 15-16 1991, 30 dissident members of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA convened a meeting to "sign a statement of events" - most or all signatories were soon to break with the party and were later to form Committees of Correspondence.
The signatories included Carl Bloice, Northern California;
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Carl Bloice, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Carl Bloice, CoC Implementation Committee, New York, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Socialist Crisis What is the meaning of the crisis of socialism in the World today? Recent events in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe and their implications for the left in the West. Looking at China, Vietnam and Korea. The threat to Cuba: How to respond?
- Carl Bloice, former Moscow correspondent, PWW
- David Englestein, Marxist scholar and teacher, SF
- Daniel Rubin, CoC Implementation Committee, NY
- Leon Wofsy, UC Berkeley faculty, retired
- Carol Esteves, Berkeley community activist
- Max Elbaum, managing editor, CrossRoads, SF
- Erwin Marquit, prof., Univ. of Minnesotta, Minneapolis
- Margrit Pittman, journalist, NY
- Yvonne Golden, retired principal, Alamo Park HS, SF
Socialist Scholars Conference 1992
Nancy Holmstrom, Against the Current, Carl Bloice, People's Daily World Moscow Correspondent, Ernest Mandel, Marxist Economist, Bogdan Denitch and Keitha Fine, East European Cultural Endowment were speakers on the Left Perspectives on the Collapse of the Eastern Bloc panel sponsored by Against the Current and Bulletin in Defense of Marxism at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City.
Bloice also spoke alongside David McReynolds, Socialist Dialogue, Max Elbaum, CrossRoads, Judith Pasternak, Committees of Correspondence and Annette Rubinstein, New York Marxist School were speakers on the Crisis and New Directions of the Organized Left panel sponsored by CrossRoads and Socialist Dialogue at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference.
Committees of Correspondence
In 1997 Carl Bloice served on the National Co-Ordinating Committee of the Committees of Correspondence.
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
2006 CCDS Convention
Carl Bloice addressed the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism 5th National Convention, July 21-23, 2006.
The "Socialist Vision" panel featured:
- Carl Bloice, National Executive Committee
- Mary Louise Patterson, MD
- David Schweickart, Author of “After Capitallism”
"Links - a journal of international socialist renewal"
- Matt McCarten, New Zealand New Labour Party
- Andre Brie, German Party of Democratic Socialists , (the successor to the former East German ruling communist party).
- Max Lane, Democratic Socialist Party
- Doug Lorimer, Democratic Socialist Party
- John Percy, Democratic Socialist Party
- Jeremy Cronin, South African Communist Party
- Langa Zita, South African Communist Party
- Carl Bloice,Committees of Correspondence
- Malik Miah, Committees of Correspondence
- Joanna Misnik, Committees of Correspondence.
Center for Political Education
In 1998 Carl Bloice gave a talk entitled "Revisiting the Communist Manifesto on its 150th Anniversary". The talk was sponsored by the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism linked organization, the Center for Political Education.
In 1999 Carl Bloice gave a talk entitled "The Early Marxist View on Housing: How Relevant is it Today?" at an educational forum on the history and legacy of Marxist and Leninist Parties. The talks were hosted by the Center for Political Education.
In 1999, Anamaria Loya director of La Raza Centro Legal; David Muhammad of Pacific News Service; Kathy Lipscomb, a Labor Activist; Carl Bloice, a left/Labor journalist gave talks entitled"Nader, Gore and Bush: What are the Stakes for People of Color and the Working Class?" These talks were facilitated by Emily Katz-Kishawi of the Women’s Funding Network. The talks were hosted by the Center for Political Education.
In 2001 Carl Bloice and Warren Mar gave talks entitled: "Marxist Study Group: Four week intensive on Wage-Labour and Capital and Imperialism." The talks were hosted by the Center for Political Education.
In 2001 Carl Bloice, Left/Labor Journalist, Editor of Dialogue and Initiative, and Correspondent-Eastern Europe (19870-91) gave a talk entitled: "Activist Intensive #3: Afghanistan, the Taliban and the Northern Alliance." The talk was hosted by the Center for Political Education.
In 2005 Carl Bloice gave a talk entitled: "Homelessness and the Market Economy", on how Marxist understandings of land, housing and economics can be applied to the situation of homelessness today. The talk was hosted by the Center for Political Education.
Individual endorsers of the event included Carl Bloice.
Sacramento Marxist School
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Carl Bloice a writer of San Francisco, CA signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
National Nurses Union and "National Nurse" Magazine
He was only identified as "a freelance writer in San Francisco" and his two articles were:
June 2080: "The Great Social Security and Medicare Robbery"
November 2010: "Brewing Storm: How the recent push to slash Social Security and Medicare in the name of deficit reduction is really a revocation of the social pacts these programs represent".
Center for Labor Renewal
Carl Bloice was elected one of four CCDS co-chairs at the party's national conference July 25 2009 in San Francisco.
Kendra Alexander Foundation
- ↑ http://www.historicalvoices.org/pbuilder/pbfiles/Project39/Scheme361/african_activist_archive-a0b1x6-a_12419.pdf
- ↑ INFORMATION DIGEST, NOVEMBER 1979
- ↑ We Will Make Peace Prevail! event brochure
- ↑ PDW Dec. 9.
- ↑ Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- ↑ List of those NC members who signed statement of events at meeting of 11/15-16/91
- ↑ Addendum to Initiative document
- ↑ CCDS Background
- ↑ Conference program
- ↑ Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- ↑ SSE Tenth Annual Conference Program, 1992
- ↑ http://www.greenleft.org.au/1994/155/9068
- ↑ CoC Corresponder November 1996/January 1997 Page 2
- ↑ http://www.cc-ds.org/IssueJune2006Version4.0.pdf
- ↑ CCDS 5th Conference agenda
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 16.5 16.6 Center for Political Education website: Past Classes (1998 - 2007)
- ↑ http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg30144.html
- ↑ http://www.marxistschool.org/default.aspx?page=allspeakers
- ↑ Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- ↑ http://www.centerforlaborrenewal.org/?P=EN
- ↑ http://www.blackcommentator.com/about_us.html
- ↑ http://www.cc-ds.org/CoChairs%20Round5.htm
- ↑ http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=1368117