Rev. Dr. Bruce Wright has a doctorate in Ministry and Master's in Pastoral Psychology. He is a licensed addictions and domestic violence counselor. He is a Baptist Pastor and Director of Refuge Ministries who serves on the Executive Committee of the Poor People's Economic Human Rights Campaign. The Refuge has been around for 20 years and, the Poor People's Campaign for 15 years. The Campaign has 120 organizations of poor and homeless that are members including the Refuge. He is part of St. Pete For Peace and the Homeless Coalition, as well as the League of Revolutionaries for a New America. A musician and a poet, he has 2 children, one in College.
He is based in St. Petersburg Florida.
Wright is a member in the following organizations: NAADAC, Poor Peoples Economic Human Rights Campaign, Critical Resistance, Every Church a Peace Church, League of Revolutionaries for a New America, St. Pete. For Peace, Food Not Bombs, Pinellas County Coalition for the Homeless, Homeless Legal Defense Fund, Pinellas County Juvenile Justice Council, St. Pete. Task Force on Homelessness, and the St. Petersburg Ministerial Association, Pentecostals for Peace and Justice.
- Michael Albert - activist, author of "Remembering Tomorrow: From SDS to Life After Capitalism" & founder of Z-Magazine
- Lucas Benitez - Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Debra Booth - AFL-CIO & Central Florida Labor Council
- Congresswoman Corrine Brown
- Scott Camil - Veterans for Peace
- Michael Canney - Green Party of Florida, Co-Chair
- Matt De Vlieger - Students for a Democratic Society @ UCF (M.C. of the day)
- Denise Diaz - Central Florida Jobs with Justice
- Senator Mike Gravel - Anti-war Candidate for President '08
- Clifton Hicks - Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)
- Jesse Kern - Veterans for Peace (Korean War Veteran) and Communist Party USA supporter.
- Omar Masri - Speaker from UFPJ Steering Committee
- Peg McIntire (97yo) - Grandparents for Peace, St. Augustine
- David Rucker - Metropolitan Democratic Black Caucus & former President of the Orange County NAACP
- Bruce Wright - St. Pete for Peace
- Lydia Vickers - CodePink