Bob Wing is a Southern California activist.
Line of March
In the late 1970s Bob Wing was a leader of the Oakland California based revolutionary organization Line of March.
The Line of March theoretical journal was simply named - Line of March:A journal of Marxist-Leninist Theory and Politics. It was published by the Institute for Social and Economic Studies, PO Box 2809, Oakland California.
Institute for Social and Economic Studies/CrossRoads
In the mid 1990s Bob Wing servedon the Board of Directors Oakland based Institute for Social and Economic Studies- sponsor of CrossRoads magazine, which sought to promote dialogue and building new alliances among progressives and leftists... and to bring diverse Marxist and socialist traditions to bear while exploring new strategies and directions for the progressive political movements.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Bob Wing, CrossRoads endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Opposing the "War on Terror"
In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 supportersof STORM and the Bay Area Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism established Ad Hoc Committee 'On Poitical Strategy' to fight against Bush's war against terrorism.
The group issued an October 5, 2001 statement to other activists;
- As we immersed ourselves in the fightback to Bush's war against terrorism, we felt the need to get our political bearings as leftists. So we organized a discussion attended by 27 diverse left activists in the San Francisco Bay Area on Sept. 30.
- September 11, and the Bush administration's reaction to it, is a defining historical moment, ushering in a new and dangerous period in international politics. Washington's agenda is to entrench the national security state and a new level of international dominance on the basis of a permanent war on terrorism--bringing the "new world order" to fruition.
- The defining political axis of this new period is Washington's international war on terrorism--and the fight against it...The political and ideological balance of forces, demands, and outcomes of all struggles will be affected by this central issue, to one degree or another.
- Given this, the fight for peace should be the central demand for the people's movements...However, peace is not a centrist, liberal demand, but in fact is central to an anti-imperialist agenda. Its main content is that of staying the hand of imperialist war and fighting U.S. militarism in all its forms.
Sacramento Marxist School
- The pilot issue of War Times, a new biweekly newspaper opposing the "war on terrorism," will roll off the press on February 14... Featuring an exclusive interview with Danny Glover and a letter to President Bush from Nobel Peace Prize winner Rigoberta Menchu, the premier of this bilingual, free publication will be distributed in several dozen cities across the country.
Serving on the War Times Organizing Committee were;
Bob Wing, former executive editor, ColorLines magazine
Not In Our Name
In August 2004 Bob Wing endorsed an anti “Bush Team” Protest at the Republican National Convention in New York, organized by Not In Our Name, an organization closely associated with the Revolutionary Communist Party.
War Times Staff
In 2009 voluntary War Times staffincluded:
Jan Adams, Karolo Aparicio, Mariana Bustamante, Ruth Warner Carrillo, Jung Hee Choi, Max Elbaum, Arnoldo Garcia, Rebecca Gordon, Felicia Gustin, Hany Khalil, Rachel Kahn, Lynn Koh, Gerald Lenoir, Burton Li, Betita Martinez, Samuel Orozco, Ricardo Ortega, Sushawn Robb, Kerry Taylor and Bob Wing.
- ↑ Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today page 103 by Harvey Klehr
- ↑ LOM, Vol 1, No 1, May-June 1980
- ↑ LOM, No 20, Winter 1987/88
- ↑ Crossroads March 1996
- ↑ CCDS Background
- ↑ http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archive/sixties-l/3631.html
- ↑ http://www.marxistschool.org/default.aspx?page=allspeakers
- ↑ WAR TIMES January 29, 2002
- ↑ http://www.dsausa.org/dl/DLSummer2003.pdf
- ↑ http://www.revcom.us/a/1247/rnc_protest_nion_call.htm
- ↑ http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=1874
- ↑ War Times Staff
- ↑ Community Coalition: Our People