Blair F. Bertaccini
Endorsing Communist Party call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
On Sunday, June 9, 2002, the Harlem/Washington Heights Friends of the People’s Weekly World held a forum on the dramatic events in the country of Venezuela.
An enthusiastic audience of activists from the community, including participants from various U.S.-based Hispanic organizations, heard Blair Bertaccini, a trade unionist, Latin America scholar and solidarity activist, who recently returned from attending the Congress of the Venezuelan Communist Party, and Wilson Spencer, well-known left activist in New York’s Dominican community.
The two speakers gave a comprehensive picture of the exciting political process in Venezuela. Both speakers emphasized the need for the U.S. people to put an end to the Bush administration policies in support of the Venezuelan oligarchy. Such policies, they said, are designed to undermine and destroy the democratic process in Venezuela.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
New Haven People's Center rally
In December 2002, the Communist Party USA run New Haven People's Center, held a No cuts, no layoffs, no war rally". Blair Bertaccini, a member of the Working Families Party who spoke at the rally, said citizens with lower incomes do not vote because politicians refuse to talk about issues that affect the working class. He said the WFP is accountable to ordinary working families, not corporate donors. 
- We especially appreciate and congratulate our own candidates in this election cycle, all of whom received many labor and other endorsements and support:
- In Jacksonville, Florida for Soil and Water Conservation Board, Russell Pelle who received 30% of the vote, with 54,004 votes; In Waterbury, Connecticut for State Senator on the Working Families Party line, Blair Bertaccini, president of the Western Connecticut Central Labor Council, who received 8.2% of the vote with 1,115 votes achieving minor party ballot status; in the Allston-Brighton section of Boston for City Council, Gary Dotterman who received 3.25% of the vote in a field of nine.
- ↑ People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- ↑ [ http://www.peoplesworld.org/activists-gather-to-support-venezuelan-democracy/ PW, Activists gather to support Venezuelan democracy, by: Evelina Alarcon & John Pappademos, June 28 2002]
- ↑ http://transitional.pww.org/so-that-the-pursuit-of-peace-will-take-precedence/
- ↑  Yale Daily news, December 11. 2002, Communist Party U.S.A. holds rally
- ↑ 2002 ELECTIONS: No Mandate For The Ultra Right, December 11 2002