Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Electoral What should be the place of electoral activity on the left's agenda? What would be an effective strategy for this year, the 90s and beyond?
- Yolanda Alaniz, candidate for Seattle City Council
- Bill Collins, a founder of Citizens for Proportional Representation, Cincinnati, Ohio
- James Vann, national co-chair, National Committee for Independent Political Action, Oakland
- Victoria Missick, teacher & multi-cultural movement, NY
- Dr. Margie Akin, Peace and Freedom candidate, 40th CD, Riverside, CA
- Keith Carson, Legal Aide to Rep. Ron Dellums, Oakland
- Arthur Kinoy, National co-chair, NCIPA, Montclair, NJ
- Sam Perez, Puerto Rican political activist, NY
- Mark Allen, legislative aide, John George, Alameda County Supervisor
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Bill Collins of Cincinnati, OH signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
Veterans for Peace
As at 2011, Bill Collins served on the Board of Directors of Veterans for Peace. Veterans for Peace is a member group of United for Peace & Justice and seeks to "protest the immoral and disastrous Iraq War and oppose our government's policy of permanent warfare and empire-building".