He wrote, King Leopold's ghost : a story of greed, terror, and heroism in Colonial Africa.
In 1979 Stanley Weiss, an Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) Trustee was a founding memberof the IPS connected Citizens Party. Other founders included IPS co-founder and senior fellow Richard Barnet, Adam Hochschild of Mother Jones magazine, Archibald Gillies, director of the John Hay Whitney Foundation, Julian Bond, a trustee of the IPS spin-off Institute for Southern Studies, Chicago activist organizer Don Rose, campaign manager and adviser to Chicago Mayor Jane Byrne, and Quentin Young, the Director of Medicine at Cook County Hospital, Chicago.
Opposing loans to Chile
In 1987, Joanne Landy, Thomas Harrison and Gail Daneker, Directors, Campaign for Peace and Democracy/East and West, New York, circulated a statement Against Loans to Chile calling upon the Reagan Administration to oppose all loans to Chile.
It has been signed by leading "peace, labor, human rights, religious and cultural figures from the United States, Western Europe and Latin America." They were "joined by a large number of activists and writers from the USSR and Eastern Europe, many of whom have been persecuted in their own countries for work in independent peace and human rights movements."
Adam Hochschild endorsed the call.
Campaign for America's Future
Democratic Socialists of America Member
- "DSA has formed a Political Action Committee—Democratic Socialists of America PAC (DSA PAC), which will raise funds to enable activity that supports or opposes candidates for federal office. By law, DSA is not permitted to expend its resources in support of or against candidates in partisan elections; however, DSA is permitted to form a PAC for this purpose...
- ...Only DSA members in good standing may contribute to the PAC. Because the law is so specific, all contributions are carefully screened to make sure that they are from members."
In 2007 Adam Hochschild was listed on the DataCenter's annual report as a donor to the organization. The Oakland, California based DataCenter is widely regarded as the intellegence wing of the United States Left and has close ties to Cuba.
Progressives for Obama
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
- ↑ Hochschild's profile on LibraryThing
- ↑ Information Digest Oct. 24 1980
- ↑ New York review of books, Vol 34, Number 10, June 11, 1987
- ↑ http://www.undueinfluence.com/caf-co-founders.htm
- ↑ CampaignMoney.com 2006 Cycle
- ↑ Democratic Left, Spring 2006
- ↑ DataCenter 2007 Annual Report
- ↑ Progressives for Obama
- ↑ Endorsers