Susan Sarandon... is an actress and activist.
Rosenberg Fund for Children
DC Protest Against "The Surge"
Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- In the coming elections, it is important to remember that war and peace are as much \"women\'s issues\" as are health, the environment, and the achievement of educational and occupational equality. Because we believe that all of these concerns are not only fundamental but closely intertwined, this Tuesday we will be casting our vote for Senator Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.
"Free the Cuban 5"
From an April 8,2011 letter.
"Dear President Carter:
We, Actors and Artists United for the Freedom of the Cuban 5, want to extend our deepest gratitude for your recent visit to Cuba, as well as our support for your statements promoting improved relations between our countries.
Your call for the release of Gerardo Hernandez Nordelo, Antonio Guerrero Rodriguez, Fernando Gonzalez Llort, Ramon Labanino Salazar, and Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert, known as the Cuban 5, and your willingness to visit with their family members in Cuba mean a great deal to all involved. We strongly agree that there is no reason to keep these men, who were simply trying to protect their country from terrorism, imprisoned any longer...
Further, we enthusiastically support you in having subsequent discussions with President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and hope you will call for urgent action on their part to make right this unjust situation.
Again, we thank you and look forward to the possibility of improved relations and future visits to Cuba.
Ed Asner, Co-Chair , Danny Glover, Co-Chair, Jackson Browne , James Cromwell, Mike Farrell, Richard Foos, Elliott Gould, Chrissie Hand , Francisco Letelier, Esai Morales, Graham Nash , Bonnie Raitt, Susan Sarandon, Pete Seeger, Martin Sheen , Betty Sheinbaum, Stanley Sheinbaum, Andy Spahn, Oliver Stone ,Haskell Wexler
Signers of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's May 12, 2015 launched The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality included Susan Sarandon.
"Rock the Campus" for Bernie
People's Climate March endorsements
According to their website:
- "Here are some of the leading artists, athletes and influencers helping to spread the word about the People's Climate March, including Susan Sarandon."
- Rosenberg Fund for Children Letterhead June 19 2003
- [http://mltoday.com/subject-areas/cuba/letter-from-san-antonio-activists-supporting-the-cuban-5-1231.html, Marxism-Leninism Today, Letter from San Antonio Activists Supporting the Cuban 5 PDF Print E-mail Oct. 2, 2011]
- http://progressiveagenda.us/signers SIGNERS OF THE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA TO COMBAT INCOME INEQUALITY]
- Accessed April 26 2018