DSA Conference delegate
DSA’s Cuba Letter
Stuart Elliott signed an April 2003 Statement on Cuba, initiated and circulated by prominent Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) member Leo Casey, calling for the lifting of trade sanctions against Cuba.
- “a statement circulating among democratic left/socialist folks, largely by members of Democratic Socialists of America, condemning the recent trials and convictions of non-violent dissenters in Cuba”.
The petition criticized Cuba's poor human rights record, but shared the blame for Cuba's problems with reactionary elements of the U.S. administration...
- The democratic left worldwide has opposed the U.S. embargo on Cuba as counterproductive, more harmful to the interests of the Cuban people than helpful to political democratization. The Cuban state's current repression of political dissidents amounts to collaboration with the most reactionary elements of the U.S. administration in their efforts to maintain sanctions and to institute even more punitive measures against Cuba.
Many of the petition's 120 odd signatories were known members of DSA.
"Talking Union" blog
In March 2009 Rannfrid Thelle, a transplanted activist from Norway’s Labor Party and now a college teacher in Wichita, Kansas, decided to try to form a DSA local in Wichita. She contacted Chris Hicks, a YDS activist at Wichita State, who put her in touch with Stuart Elliott, a labor activist and longtime DSA member. A call to Frank Llewellyn provided the practical info to get off on the right track..
DSA Renegotiate NAFTA petition
DSA NPC member
- Theresa Alt
- David Duhalde
- Stuart Elliott
- Virginia Franco
- Paul Garver
- David Green
- Seth Hutchinson
- Barbara Joye
- Simone Morgen
- Michele Rossi
- Jason Schulman
- Joseph Schwartz
- Herb Shore
- Maria Svart
- Rannfrid Thelle
DSA 2011 leadership
- Theresa Alt (Ithaca, NY)
- Stuart Elliott (Wichita, KS)
- Paul Garver (Boston, MA),
- Virginia Franco (San Diego, CA)
- David Green (Detroit, MI)
- Barbara Joye (Atlanta, GA)
- Frank Llewellyn (New York, NY),
- Dan Michniewicz (Pinckney, MI)
- Simone Morgen (Columbus, OH),
- Joseph Schwartz (Philadelphia, PA)
- Peg Strobel (Chicago, IL)
Great Plains Young Democratic Socialists
Members included Stuart Elliott .
Wichita DSA Facebook group
- Democratic left, Spring 2006
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- Democratic Left • Winter 2010
- Democratic Left, Summer 2009
- Renegotiate NAFTA website: Signatories to the petition to President Barack Obama, April 16, 2008
-  DSA 2009 National Convention Evanston, Illinois November 13-15, 2009 report, DSA website, accessed June 11, 2010
- Dem. left. Winter 2012