The 40th Anniversary Commemoration Committee of the Chicano Moratoriums was formed in the summer 2009 by the Chair of the National Chicano Moratorium Committee of August 29, 1970 along with two independent Chicano Movement historians whom although not of the baby boomer generation, have become inspired by the Movimiento.
The organization posted a list of significant “Chicano movement” activists on its website which included Sijisfredo Aviles.
Communist Party USA
Joan Elbert, Barbara Russum, Bea Lumpkin, William Appelhans, Bill Mackovich, Carolyn Black, Carroll Krois, Dee Myles , Doug Freedman, Frank Lumpkin, John Bachtell, Kevin Collins, Lance Cohn, Mark Almberg, Marguerite Horberg, Martha Pedroza, Mike Giocondo, Pepe Lozano, Roberta Wood, Scott Marshall, Shelby Richardson, Sijisfredo Aviles, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano.
Supporting the People's World
The Chicago Communist Party USA 22nd Annual People’s World Banquet Dec. 6 2009 at the Parthenon Restaurant. Several thousand dollars was raised for the PW Fund Drive from "supporters who dug deep despite the hard economic times".
- The attendees, a rainbow crowd of labor, community and religious activists, entered the festive room to the sounds of the jazz trio, Lovers in Arms and a running slide show of photos from struggles over the past year.
The program included a performance of Mescolanza, a new performance group of movement veterans Terry Davis, James Thindwa, Sijisfredo Aviles and Bob Huston who "hope to carry multi-cultural social justice song to the picket line, rallies and events". Tim Yeager with his accordion joined them at the end for Solidarity Forever and the International.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Peoples World personnel
- Co-editors, Joe Sims, Susan Webb, Teresa Albano
- Mundo Popular Coordinators, Rossanna Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor, John Wojcik
- Political Correspondent Tim Wheeler
- Business Manager, Jenn Delgado
- Contributing Editors, Marilyn Bechtel, Pepe Lozano, Barbara Russum, W. T. Whitney, Joel Wendland, Roberta Wood
- Volunteer Translators and Copyeditors (list in formation), Sijisfredo Aviles, Jesus Alvarado, Bill Appelhans, Jim Lane, Owen Williamson
Bureau Chiefs and National Contibutors, Juan Lopez (N. Calif.), Rossanna Cambron (S. Calif.), Joelle Fishman (Conn.), John Bachtell (Ill.), John Rummel (Mich.), Tony Pecinovsky (Mo.), Dan Margolis (N.Y.), Rick Nagin (Ohio), Libero Della Piana, Scott Marshall, Elena Mora, Emile Schepers, Jarvis Tyner, Sam Webb
- Chicano Moratorium website: Moratorium Participants (accessed on April 16, 2010)
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- Contact the People's World, accessed Dec. 27, 2010