- 1 Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
- 2 Malcolm X conference
- 3 Socialist Scholars Conference
- 4 Black Radical Congress
- 5 Communist "Manifestivity"
- 6 How Class Works
- 7 Black Left Unity
- 8 Black Left Unity December 2013
- 9 The Black Activist
- 10 Left Forum 2009
- 11 Left Forum 2010
- 12 Critical Resistance event
- 13 References
Sam Anderson is a radical black activist.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
The New African-American Middle Class and the Struggle for Black Empowerment
- Moderator: Sam Anderson, Network of Black Organizers
- Amiri Baraka, Playwright, Poet, Activist
- Abdul Alkalimat, Africana Studies, SUNY- Stony Brook
- Basil Wilson, History, John Jay College, CUNY
Malcolm X conference
A conference, Malcolm X: Radical Tradition and a Legacy of Struggle was held in New York City, November 14 1990.
The "Fighting the Plagues of Aids and Drugs" panel consisted of;
- Sam Anderson, Network of Black Organizers
- Cedric Hendricks, Ward 4 Substance Abuse Action Team
- Sylvia Hill, University of District of Columbia
- Robert Fullilove, HIV Center, Columbia University
Socialist Scholars Conference
Sam Anderson, New School for Social Research, Abdul Alkalimat, Barbara Omalade, Center for Worker Education, Bill Sales, Gerald Horne, Horace Campbell, Jimmy Garrett, Muhammad Ahmad, Ron Bailey, Jim Turner and Mack Jones were speakers on the Curriculum of Inclusion or... Curriculum of Struggle? panel sponsored by the Antiracist Curriculum Collaborative and the Network of Black Organizations at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City
Black Radical Congress
Individual endorsers of the event included Sam Anderson.
The Manifesto Commemoration Committee included Eric Canepa, coordinator; Sam Anderson, Sylvia Aron, Steve Brier, Mary Boger , Kira Brunner, Andrew Comer, Peggy Crane, Steve Duncombe, Peter Filardo, Rosa Garcia, Dan Georgakas, Joan Greenbaum, Ron Hayduk, Bill Henning, Diane Greene Lent, Danny Luce, Bill Koehnlein, Biju Mathew, Eli Messinger , Liz Mestres, Yusuf Nuruddin, Adele Oltman, Ed Ott, Leo Panitch, Renee Pendergrass, Merle Ratner, Colin Robinson, Rosina Rodriguez, Frank Rosengarten, Rob Saute, S Shankar, Sean Sweeney, Kit Wainer, Paul Washington, Juanita Webster, Ethan Young.
How Class Works
The "How Class Works - 2008" conference held at Stony Brook, New York, June 5 - 7, 2008, Center for Study of Working Class Life, proposed speakers list included: Sam Anderson, Catherine-Mercedes Brillantes Judge, Pedro Caban, Fuat Ercan, Claudia Fegan, Bill Fletcher Jr, Tami Gold, Elizabeth Hoffman, Sara Jarayaman, Stathis Kouvelakis, Sherry Linkon, Meizhu Lui, Manning Marable, Jack Metzgar, Nelson Motto, Manny Ness, Bertell Ollman, Jeff Perry, Catherine Pouzoulet, David Roediger, Andrew Ross, John Russo, Vinny Tirelli, Michelle Tokarczyk, Richard Trumka and Joe Wilson.
Black Left Unity
On the weekend of May 31-Jun 1,2008, dozens of African American organizers, artists and activists convened the first Black Left Unity Meeting at the Sonia Hayes Center in Chapel Hill, NC.The gathering was a continuation of the Black Left Unity caucus that meet in Atlanta during the US Social Forum.
Those who attended the conference included Saladin Muhammad, Black Workers for Justice and the Black Workers League; ILWU Local 10 leader Clarence Thomas; activist and poet, Amiri Baraka; Million Worker March leader, Brenda Stokely; Ana Edwards, Defenders for Freedom, Justice & Equality; Ajamu Baraka, U.S. Human Rights Network; Patrisse Cullors, Labor Strategy Center; Efia Nwangaza; Theresa El-Amin; Kali Akuno from the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement; Jaribu Hill, Mississippi Workers for Human Rights; Vickie White, People’s Organization for Progress; labor organizer, Angaza Laughinghouse; Larry Adams, New York City Labor Against the War (NYCLAW); cultural artist, Luci Murphy; educators Muntu Matsimela, T. Menelik Van Der Meer and Sam Anderson; Yvette Modestin, Afrocaribenas y de la Diaspora; Colia Clark; and activists representing Fight Imperialism-Stand Together (FIST) and the Troops Out Now Coalition.
Black Left Unity December 2013
Group portrait at the conclusion of the December 21, 2013 Black Left Unity Network meeting. Seated, left to right: Ajamu Dillahunt, Saladin Muhammad, Abdul Alkalimat, Ashaki Binta, Kathy Knight. Standing, left to right: Roger Newell, J. R. Fleming, T. Menelik Van Der Meer, Dennis Orton, Kia Van Der Meer, Sam Anderson, Shafeah M'Balia, Rose Brewer, Anthony Monteiro, Toussaint Losier, Rukiya Dillahunt, Taliba Obu, Jonathan Stith, Carl Redwood, Tdka Kilimanjaro, Jamal Oliver, Akinjele Umoja.
The Black Activist
Left Forum 2009
Returning to the Source: Ethnic Studies in the Obama Age:
- Hank Williams, (Chair), Africana Studies Group, CUNY Graduate Center
- Sam Anderson, Black New Yorkers for Educational Excellence
- Clarissa Horton,
- Angela Davis, Anti-Racist Alliance, Pratt Institute
Left Forum 2010
The Left in a Post-Racial United States:
- Sam Anderson (Chair) - Black Left Unity Network & Black New Yorkers for Educational Excellence
- Fred Ho - Afro Asian Music Ensemble
- Eduardo Bonilla Silva - Duke University
- Keith Griffler - SUNY Buffalo
- Muntu Matsimela - John Jay College and the Black Left Unity Network
Geography of Malcolm X:
- James Tyner (Chair) – Geography, Kent State
- Sam Anderson – Black Left Unity Network & Black New Yorkers for Educational Excellence
- Komozi Woodard – History, Sarah Lawrence
- Michael Simanga - Author, In the Shadow of the Sun
Critical Resistance event
Friday, May, 20, 2011 Riverside Church, South Hall Admission: $50-$250. (includes admission to main event -"The World We Want is the World We Need". Riverside Church, Nave 490 Riverside Drive. Admission: $20-$30
Host Committee: Rashidah Ismaili AbuBakr, Malaika Adero, Seth Adler, Shana Agid, Sam Anderson, Kai Barrow, Andrea Bible, Jean Carey Bond, Dorothy Burnham, Melanie Bush, Rod Bush, Angela Cali, Susie Day, Jesse Ehrensaft-Hawley, Joan Gibbs, Elspeth Gilmore, Farah Jasmine Griffin, Lennox Hinds, Esther Cooper Jackson, Peter Marcuse, Jerry Meyer, Charlene Mitchell, Mary Morgan, Mary Lou Patterson, Beth E. Richie, Shreya Shah, Alvin Starks, Farrah Tanis, Laura Whitehorn.
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- SSE Tenth Annual Conference Program, 1992
- BRC Today Vol 1,Issue 4 p 11
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- How Class Works - 2008 conference
- National gathering discusses Black community's issues By Monica Moorehead Chapel Hill, N.C. Published Jun 5, 2008
- [Summer 2013 | The Black Activist | Issue 1]
- Google groups Cardozo NLG › This Friday-Angela Davis|Ruth Gilmore|Vijay Prashad|Laura Flanders Amy Cross