- 1 Institute for Policy Studies connections
- 2 LA DSA meeting
- 3 DSA pamphlets
- 4 Campaign for America's Future
- 5 Kuttner a "socialist"
- 6 DSA connection
- 7 "Inequality Matters"
- 8 JournoList
- 9 Take Back America America
- 10 Economic Policy Institute
- 11 The American Prospect
- 12 Obama books
- 13 America's Future Now!
- 14 Demos Involvement
- 15 Global Progressive Forum, Brussels 2009
- 16 Cry Wolf Project
- 17 References
Robert Kuttner is co-founder and co-editor of The American Prospect and a senior fellow at Demos. His best-selling book is "Obama's Challenge: America's Economic Crisis and the Power of a Transformative Presidency."
In 1996 he was the winner of the Paul Hoffman Award for Human Development of the United Nations, for his work on the relationship of economic efficiency to social equality.
Institute for Policy Studies connections
Robert Kuttner, author, former Executive Director, National Commission on Neighborhoods, Boston, MA was listedamong those participating in the Institute for Policy Studies affiliated Conference on Alternative State and Local Policies Bryn Mawr August 3-5 1979.
LA DSA meeting
In 1990, Democratic Socialists of America was selling a list of pamphlets, mainly by members, including "Democratic Promise:Ideas for Turning America in a Progressive Direction", by Michael Harrington, William Julius Wilson and Robert Kuttner and "Poverty", by Michael Harrington, with contributions from Barbara Ehrenreich, William Julius Wilson and Mark Levinson.
Campaign for America's Future
- DSA-ish Publications
- That is, mags which express the range of our politics, from the revolutionary to the left liberal, and including some sympatico Candian and British mags.
- American Prospect The journal of "liberal" intellectual politics, though half of the writers, and one of the co-founders, Robert Kuttner, are socialists. This journal sees its mission as the reinvigoration of "liberalism," betraying a clear disregard for liberalism's expressed desire to accept death.
In 1993 Robert Kuttner, the editor of The American Prospect, addressed an audience of Boston DSAers . Kuttner argued that Clinton needed to promote growth, rather than austerity, if he was to win a second term and to avoid heavy congressional losses in 1994. 
- The Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards have been held each year since 1977 to honor deserving activists and to raise funds to support the work of Boston DSA. Eugene Debs, Norman Thomas and Julius Bernstein were democratic socialist leaders of the last century who inspire the work of DSA today. Previous awardees include North Shore Labor Council President Jeff Crosby, international human rights advocate Dessima Williams, and Boston Globe columnist Bob Kuttner.
Supported DSA conference
- The conference, supported by DSA, will bring together activists, analysts and elected officials to develop new directions for the Democratic Party and the broad democratic left.
Initial sponsors of the event included Reps. Charles Hayes and Barney Frank, labor leaders William Winpisinger and Jack Sheinkman (ACTWU), Joyce Miller (ACTWU and CLUW) and Jack Joyce, (Bricklayers), feminist leaders Gloria Steinem and Judy Goldsmith and policy analysts Robert Kuttner, Jeff Faux and Eleanor Holmes Norton.
In 2004 United for a Fair Economy, a Boston "economic justice think tank", co-sponsored a national conference on inequality. Some of the conference papers were published as "Inequality Matters: the Growing Economic Divide in America", which also included suggested public policies to counteract it. Among the contributors were Betsy Leondar-Wright, William Greider, Meizhu Lui, Bob Kuttner and Christopher Jencks.
Robert Kuttner, of the American Prospect and the Economic Policy Institute, was an identified member of JournoList - an email group of approximately 400 "progressive" and socialist journalists, academics and "new media" activists.
JournoList members reportedly coordinated their messages in favor of Barack Obama and the Democrats, and against Sarah Palin and the Republican Party. JournoList was founded in 2007 and was closed down in early 2010.
Take Back America America
On March 17, 2008, at the Take Back America conference in Washington D.C. Larry Cohen, Roger Hickey, Robert Kuttner and Andrea Batista Schlesinger spoke in a session entitled "Out of the Hole: An Economy that Works for Working People".
Economic Policy Institute
The American Prospect
America's Future Now!
Global Progressive Forum, Brussels 2009
15.30-17.00 Workshop 12: Implementing Decent Work for All (Hemicycle)
- Kemal Dervis, former UNDP Director General, former Finance Minister, Turkey
- Guy Ryder, Secretary General of ITUC
- Carlos Ominami Pascual, Vice-President of the Senate, Socialist Party Chile
- Harlem Désir, MEP, Vice-chair of the Global Progressive Forum, Vice-President of the PES Group, PS, France
- Elisabeth Tang, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Unions, Hong Kong/China
- Robert Kuttner, The American Prospect, USA
Cry Wolf Project
The Cry Wolf Project was established in 2010 to counter conservative attempts to stop or discredit "progressive" policy options.
Cry Wolf Project Coordinators
- Peter Dreier, E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics, Director of the Urban & Environmental Policy program, Occidental College
- Donald Cohen, Executive Director, Center on Policy Initiatives
- Nelson Lichtenstein, Professor of History at UC Santa Barbara and Director of the Center for the Study of Work, Labor, and Democracy
Project Advisory Board
- Robert Kuttner, Co-founder & Co-editor, American Prospect
- Gerald Markowitz, PhD, John Jay College, CUNY
- David Rosner, PhD; Co-Director, Center for the History & Ethics of Public Health
- Alice O’Connor, PhD, UC Santa Barbara
- Janice Fine, PhD, Rutgers University
- Andrea M. Hricko, MPH; Southern CA Environmental Health Sciences Center
- Jennifer Klein PhD, Yale University
- Meg Jacobs PhD, MIT
- William Forbath JD, PhD, University of Texas Law School
- Tom Sugrue PhD, University of Pennsylvania
- Lizabeth Cohen PhD, Harvard University
- Information Digest August 24 1979
- Democratic Left, Jan./Feb. 1990, page 14
- CAF Co-Founders
- Democratic Left, Jan./Feb. 1990, page 8
- Dem.Left, May/June 1993, page 11.
- TYR March 2006
-  Free Republic, July 26, 2010, accessed July 30, 2010
- Campaign for America's Future website: Take Back America 2008 - Agenda (accessed on May 11, 2010)
- The American Prospect website: Masthead (accessed on Nov. 15, 2009)
- Our Future website: Take Back America 2010 Speakers (accessed on July 12, 2010)
- [http://www.globalprogressiveforum.org/fr/node/168, GPF newsletter, President Bill Clinton at GPF Brussels 2009 Lundi, Février 2, 2009 - 00:00]
-  George Mason University History News Network, accessed June 13, 2010