Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
Crisis or Bureaucratic Order: Eastern Europe, the Soviet Union and China; Restructuring from below
- Sponsor: Against the Current
- Susan Weisman, Editor, Critique and Against the Current
- Kim Moody, Labor Notes, author, Decline of American Unionism
- Jin Xiaochang, History of Sociology, New School
- Richard Smith, author: Class Structure and Economic Development of China
- David Mandel, University of Quebec, Montreal, Paper - New Workers Movement in the Soviet Union
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Richard Smith signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Richard Smith.