Rannfrid Thelle is a Kansas activist. She is a Wichita State University, Women's Studies and Religion, Assistant Professor of Religion.
In March 2009 Rannfrid Thelle, a transplanted activist from Norway’s Labor Party and now a college teacher in Wichita, Kansas, decided to try to form a DSA local in Wichita. She contacted Chris Hicks, a YDS activist at Wichita State, who put her in touch with Stuart Elliott, a labor activist and longtime DSA member. A call to Frank Llewellyn provided the practical info to get off on the right track.
DSA Renegotiate NAFTA petition
DSA NPC member
- Theresa Alt
- David Duhalde
- Stuart Elliott
- Virginia Franco
- Paul Garver
- David Green
- Seth Hutchinson
- Barbara Joye
- Simone Morgen
- Michele Rossi
- Jason Schulman
- Joseph Schwartz
- Herb Shore
- Maria Svart
- Rannfrid Thelle
Wichita Democratic Socialists of America
The Dream of Equality: Celebrating Women Activists
The Dream of Equality: Celebrating Women Activists, was held, March 7, 2012, Wichita State University, Lindquist Hall.
- In honor of International Women's Day we will hear speakers and discuss the impact of legislative change on women's rights in the past and present, at home and in the world.
- Rannfrid Thelle, Co-chair of Wichita Democratic Socialists of America
- Doris Chang, Associate Professor of Women's Studies
- Kari Ann Rinker, lobbyist for Kansas National Organization of Women
- We invite you to join us in making it useful both to people of faith within DSA and to the wider religious left.
Contributing editors were;
- Rannfrid Thelle teaches religion at Wichita State University, and is a long time activist in the Norwegian Labor Party and in DSA.
DSA Workshop: Agenda and Strategies for a Post-Sanders Movement
DSA Workshop: Agenda and Strategies for a Post-Sanders Movement, 3340 W Douglas Ave,Wichita, Saturday 3 December 2016, 12:00 till Saturday 3 December 2016, 14:00. Organized by : Rannfrid Thelle.
- Immigrant's rights, jobs, mass incarceration, minimum wage, education, native rights, environmental justice, health care, reproductive justice, all movements on the frontlines against Trumpism. Everyone is welcome to this workshop to network, and to connect with the groups and people working on the issues you care about. Wichita DSA will lead off with a couple of speakers (including Maxine Phillips, Russell Arben Fox, Jim Phillips, and Rannfrid Thelle), then we will break out into groups according to issues. (After the workshop, DSA members and anyone wanting to join will meet to form a new steering committee in Wichita).
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Rannfrid Thelle, Jay Andrew Vehige, Alan Trenary, Wesley F. Alex, April Lemon, Claudia Amaro, Rhonda Cox, Holly Rayl, Chau Truong, Scherzi Ellson, Helen Reicher, Julia Siwierka, Esau Freeman, Adele Falk, Lisa Alldredge Vayda, Shane Schneider, Aaron Horner, Dorothy Billings, Aaron Rivers, Russell Arben Fox, Christopher Rayl, Joanna Jenkins, Jerry Sherwood, Sharon Gordon, Travis Usher, Marco A. Fernandez, Janice Bradley, Vernette Chance, Levi J. Henry, Alexander David Vulgamore, Steve Otto, Axel Chacon, Patrick Ryan Moler, Zachary Brown, Mark Shobe.
DSA Facebook group
As of March 12,2017, admins of Wichita Democratic Socialists of America public Facebook group were;
- Shane Schneider
- Russell Arben Fox, Professor of Political Science at Friends University
- Rannfrid Thelle, Works at Wichita State University
- Marco A. Fernandez, Wichita, Kansas
- Christopher Rayl, Wichita State
- Ellise Hauth, Shift Manager at Starbucks
- Democratic Left, Summer 2009
- Renegotiate NAFTA website: Signatories to the petition to President Barack Obama, April 16, 2008
-  DSA 2009 National Convention Evanston, Illinois November 13-15, 2009 report, DSA website, accessed June 11, 2010
- DSA locals, DSA webpage, accessed December 29, 2010
- signup The Dream of Equality: Celebrating Women ActivistsPublic Event for Wichita Democratic Socialists · Hosted by Rannfrid Thelle
- Religious Socialism, about, accessed July 6, 2015