- 1 China
- 2 Contributors PSN News
- 3 Committees of Correspondence Connection
- 4 FRSO/SON
- 5 Freedom Road Socialist Organisation
- 6 September 24, 2010 FBI Raids
- 7 Meeting Leila Khaled
- 8 FBI raids
- 9 Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout
- 10 Supporting North Korea
- 11 WWP conference
- 12 Working with CAIR
- 13 Comrades
- 14 "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
- 15 Dump Trump
- 16 Interviewing Sison
- 17 References
Mick Kelly was part of a 1975 delegation to China.
Contributors PSN News
Committees of Correspondence Connection
In 1994, Mick Kelly, a member Freedom Road Socialist Organization/Socialist Organizing Network, was a guest at the Workers Party of Belgium May Day celebrations. 
Freedom Road Socialist Organisation
September 24, 2010 FBI Raids
Meeting Leila Khaled
Leila Khaled was among the speakers at the Beirut International Forum for Resistance, Anti-Imperialism, Solidarity between Peoples and Alternatives. The Forum was held at the UNESCO Palace on Jan. 16-18.
The material that the FBI copied and returned comes from the homes of Twin Cities activists Jess Sundin, Steff Yorek, Mick Kelly, Meredith Aby, Anh Pham and Tracy Molm and the office of the Anti-War Committee. All of them are among the 23 anti-war and international solidarity activists summoned to appear in front of a Chicago grand jury headed by U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, investigating ‘material support for terrorism.’
Kelly said he went to Lebanon in 2008 for a Palestinian solidarity conference, and he's been on Colombian radio by phone from the U.S.
Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout
Circa September 19, 2009, Mick Kelly signed a petition initiated by the Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout entitled, Petition to Demand a People's Bailout which includes the statement, "Tax the rich, make them pay for their crisis!" Kelly is a leader of the organization and has helped to lead the fight against home foreclosures.
Supporting North Korea
Long Island City, Queens, N.Y. — The stage banner in a school auditorium in Queens, N.Y., said it all: “Workers World Party stands in solidarity with Gaza, Ferguson and Ayotzi! Down with capitalism! Fight for socialism!”
This theme resonated on Nov. 15-16 2014, as the Workers World Party annual national conference highlighted major struggles here and worldwide, including resistance to U.S. police and military occupation — from Occupied Gaza to Ferguson, Mo.
Joe Lombardo was a guest at the 2014 Conference.
Maggie Vascassenno, from Los Angeles, chaired a panel on solidarity with Lucy Pagoada, a founder of Honduras USA Resistencia; Charles Jenkins, president, New York Chapter of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists; Kazem Azim, SI-Solidarity with Iran; Berna Ellorin, chairperson of BAYAN USA; Mick Kelly, Freedom Road Socialist Organization; Victor Toro, a founder of Chile’s Movement of the Revolutionary Left, who won the right to live in the United States after facing the threat of deportation; and Joe Lombardo, co-coordinator of the United National Antiwar Coalition.
Working with CAIR
A group of 50 people gathered at the First United Church of Tampa, February 2015, for a panel discussion, “State Repression and the War on Terror.” Speakers focused on the U.S. government targeting of Arab-Americans, Muslims and anti-war activists for political repression.
“Only the fish that opens its mouth gets in trouble,” said Attorney Hassan Shibly of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Shibly advised individuals to remain silent and call their lawyer when facing intimidation and questioning by the FBI. CAIR offers representation to clients for free.
Another panelist, Cassia Laham, spoke about the growing student movement in opposition to U.S. support for Israeli and for the liberation of all of Palestine. She helped found Students for Justice in Palestine at University of Florida.
“We have a duty to keep organizing together to keep moving forward,” Laham said. Currently she is active with People’s Opposition to Imperialism, War, and Racism (POWIR) in Miami and organizes in solidarity with Palestinian American women’s leader Rasmea Odeh..
“Targeting of Arab Americans and Muslims for the sake of ‘safety’ is a lie used by the state to perpetuate fear of these oppressed communities and to instill support of U.S. wars overseas,” said Mick Kelly from Minneapolis.
“The U.S. has built an empire that encompasses every continent, the people of the Middle East are defeating that empire. They are fighting to get the boot of the U.S. and Israel of their necks. We need to stand in solidarity with all those who are fighting for their liberation and defeat attempts to repress ourselves and others,” continued Kelly. Kelly is one of the anti-war and international solidarity activists whose home was turned upside down by the FBI in 2010.
Kelly also spoke about Rasmea Odeh’s trial in Detroit, “Through organizing and speaking out, it is a way to make a breakthrough.”
"Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
Sunday 26 April 2015, "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015" organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!. Location TBA.
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Katherine Elizabeth, Jessica Schwartz, Steph Ross Taylor, Christina Field, Doug Jadzia Sembla, Mary Padilla Cristobal Aldana, Alisha Olson, Kim DeFranco, Jess Sundin, Cassandra Hendricks, Cherrene Horazuk, Julia Russ, Zandra Dee , Loretta VanPelt, Tracy Molm, Hannan Ayoub, Khin Oo, Tracey Plk, Kim Smith, Hoda Isak, Alexandra Vagac, Laura Hoffman, Meredith Aby-Keirstead, Jessie Gavilanes, Amy Selvius, Penelope Mace, Beatriz Hernandez, Sol Mar, Laye Kwamina-Barry, Cory Eggert, Lion Ras, Kuntal Chatterjee, Andy Carhart, Sean Orr, Rahul Choudhury Boro, Andrew McNally, Cleveland Savage, Jesus Estrada-Perez, Julio Alberto Martinez, Fern Figueroa, Ryan A. Smith, Joshua Cromarty, Brad Sigal, Tim Nolan, Edward Hahn, Cody Gilbert, Timmy McDonough, Mick Kelly, Jigme Ugen, Manuel Berduc.
Mick Kelly, a spokesperson Coalition to Stop Trump and March on the RNC stated, “We plan on marching right up to the site of the RNC. We insist that our right to protest is respected. The people of this county are rejecting Trump and his racist, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attacks.”
Tom Burke, also of the Coalition states, “Thousands of people are coming to the RNC to protest Trump. Buses are being chartered to come to this protest from as far away as Minnesota, and we plan on being within sight and sound of the RNC on July 18.”
Coalition organizers say they are exploring legal options to challenge the restrictions.
About 40 immigrant rights, student, anti-war, labor, and low-income organizations have announced their support for the protest.
The demonstration will put forward the slogans, “Dump Trump, Say No to the Republican Agenda. Stand Against Racist, Anti-Immigrant, and Anti-Muslim Attacks. We demand Peace, Justice and Equality.”
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression: Who are the targets of the FBI and Grand Jury Witch Hunt? (accessed on Nov. 23, 2010)
- Chicago CoC "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" 10.14.94
- [Forward Motion, Summer 1994]
- Committee to Stop FBI Repression website: CISPES Statement on FBI raids, Sept. 27, 2010 (accessed on Oct. 6, 2010)
- FighBack News! Leila Khaled speaks on the Israeli attack on Gaza by staff | February 2, 2009
- [http://www.fightbacknews.org/2011/11/2/fbi-copies-50000-plus-pages-materials-seized-raids-minneapolis-peace-and-international-sol FBNews, FBI copies 50,000-plus pages of materials seized in raids on Minneapolis peace and international solidarity activists – now they give back the originals Serious FBI violation of civil rightsBy staff | November 2, 2011]
- [http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/24/fbi-searches-homes-anti-war-activists-minneapolis-chicago-terrorism-case/Fox News FBI serves warrants on Minn. anti-war activists, Chicago addresses, looking for terrorist ties Published September 24, 2010]
- MN Coalition for a People's Bailout website: Petition, circa Sept. 19, 2009 (accessed on Oct. 5, 2010)
- WW, WWP National Conference: ‘Down with capitalism!’By Monica Moorehead November 19, 2014
- FBNews, Tampa event opposes U.S. war and political repression By Jessica Schwartz | February 23, 2015
- Wherevent "Minneapolis: Celebrate May Day - International Workers Day 2015"
- [http://www.fightbacknews.org/2016/5/31/organizers-dump-trump-protest-oppose-restrictions-free-speech-rnc FBNews Organizers of “Dump Trump” protest oppose restrictions on free speech at RNC By staff | May 31, 2016]
- [http://www.fightbacknews.org/2017/8/27/fight-back-interview-jose-maria-sison-people-s-war-philippines FB News, Fight Back! interview with Jose Maria Sison on the people’s war in the Philippines By staff | August 27, 2017]