- 1 2011 YDS Winter Conference
- 2 Friends of Kriti Sharma
- 3 "Towards Collective Liberation" editorial crew
- 4 "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"
- 5 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 6 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 7 Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now?
- 8 References
2011 YDS Winter Conference
On the weekend of March 18th-20th, 2011, the Young Democratic Socialists held their annual Winter outreach conference "Their Crisis, Our Pain: The Democratic Socialist Response to the Great Recession". Cornel West "will be the featured speaker on Saturday the 19th, and we will also host John Nichols, Bertha Lewis, Mark Engler, and Dan Cantor from the Working Families Party.
Other listed speakers included Komozi Woodard, Corey Walker, Fabricio Rodriguez, Christian Parenti, Stephanie Fairyington, Christine Kelly, Sheila Collins, Billy Wharton, Liz Shuler, Martin Weinstein, Michelle O'Brien, Skip Roberts, Joseph Schwartz.
Panels on race, the environment, organizing, and other topics will allow participants to learn from and communicate with fellow activists on some of the most important domestic and international issues. The event is perfect for both newcomers to Democratic Socialism/YDS, as well as activist veterans.
Add your name to the list here and you'll be notified when online registration goes live. Invite all your friends!
Location, Bayard Rustin High School 351 W 18th St New York, NY 10011.
Friends of Kriti Sharma
Kriti Sharma wrote "Interdependence: Biology and Beyond". She credited several people with "shaping my mind and life" through the process, including Afiya Carter, Aiden Graham, AJ Vrieze, Alexis Gumbs, Atiya Hussain, Beth Bruch, Bryan Proffitt, Caitlin Breedlove, Dannette Sharpley, Emily Chavez, Glenys Verhulst, Jenn Vrieze, Jurina Vincent-Lee, Keagha Carscallen, Laurin Penland, Kai Barrow, Lynne Walter, Marjorie Scheer, Michelle O'Brien, Manju Rajendran, Sendolo Diaminah, Mikel Barton, Monica Leonardo, Nia Wilson, Nikki Brown, Noah Blose, Paulina Hernandez, Pavithra Vasudevan, Rachael Derello, Russell Herman, Sam Hummel, Sammy Truong, Serena Sebring, Shirlette Ammons, Tema Okun, Theo Luebke, Tim Stallman, Tony Macias, and Yolanda Carrington.
"Towards Collective Liberation" editorial crew
Chris Crass', 2013 book " was "Towards Collective Liberation: Anti-Racist Organizing, Feminist Praxis, and Movement Building Strategy..." was edited by a team consisting of Chris and Molly, Rahula Janowski Lydia Pelot-Hobbs, Nisha Anand, Sasha Vodnik, Cile Beatty, Danni Marilyn West, Amie Fishman, Jeff Giaquinto , Sharon Martinas, Gabriel Sayegh, Clare Bayard, Z. Lula Haukeness, Cindy Breunig, Jardana Peacock, Betty-Jeane Ruters-Ward, Betita Martinez, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Paul Kivel, Ingrid Chapman, Dan Berger, Josh Warren-White, Rachel Luft, Kerry Levenberg, Johnna Bossuot, Leah Jo Carnine, Berkley Carnine, Leah Close, Vivian Sanati, Dara Silverman, Helen Luu, Pauline Hwang Nrinder, N.K. Nann, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Max Elbaum, Keith McHenry, James Tracy, Alice Nuccio, Laura McNeill, Azedeh Ghafari, J.C. Callender, Nilou Mostoufi, April Sullivan-FitzHugh, Michelle O'Brien, Joe Tolbert, Tufara Waller Muhammad, Karly Safar, Jayanni Webster, Joshua Kahn Russell, prof. Laura Head, Andrew Cornell, Harjir Singh Gill, Emily Thuma, Rami Elamine, Chanelle Gallant, Charlie Frederick, Amar Shah, Alicia Garza, Elandria Williams, Carla Wallace, Ernesto Aguilar, Lisa Albrecht.
"$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"
Monday 27 October 2014, Tiffany Paul organized an event "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!" at the NYU Kimmel Center.
- The struggle to raise the minimum wage is a lively and dynamic movement developing across the US. The fight for a minimum wage of $15 dollars is one step forward in the fight for a living wage, and fast food workers have been at the forefront of this struggle.
Speakers: Stephanie Luce - Murphy Institute for Worker Education, author of Fighting for a Living Wage, Kimberley Thomas - Dental Assistant, Harlem Hospital, DC37 local 768, Muata Greene - Coalition of Black Trade Unionists NYC and Left Labor Project, Sooyoung Lee - Substance Abuse Counselor, 1199SEIU & Power for Rank-and File Employees in the Social Services.
Those indicating willingness to attend on Wherevent included Katie Ebbitt, Elana Mae, Michelle O'Brien, Emma Rose, Andrea Shapiro, Bruce Newell Haskin, Michael Gould-Wartofsky, Jake Streich-Kest, Monica M. Garcia, Michelle Esi, Marcelo Maia, David Klassen, Ian Williams, Narbada Chhetri, Johnny Channels, Sara Duvisac, Jonah Birch, Isabella Decker, Adaner Usmani, Eric Odell, Jessica Jensen, Caitlin Knapp, Imani Henry, Lizzie Busch, Juan Ignacio Rosa, Daniel Aldana Cohen, Lizzie Kirshenbaum, Sara Hyler, Goutami Sanyal, Christy Thornton, Gavi Lankin, Padma Thapa, Juliet Ucelli, Lucretia John, Jamila Hammami, Rachel V. Isreeli , Eman Abdelhadi, Jessica Lopez, Sooyoung Lee, Marie Kerrin, Emily Weinrebe, Ceema Luu, Sarah Dh.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Michelle O'Brien.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Michelle O'Brien.
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now?
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now? Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6 PM - 9 PM, 310 W 43rd St, New York.
A converastion with Bill Fletcher, Jr., international activist and co-author of Solidarity Divided: The crisis in organized labor and a new path toward social justice.
RSVPS included Michelle O'Brien.
- YDS website, Spring Conference, Their Crisis, Our Pain: The Democratic Socialist Response to the Great Recession, accessed Feb. 23, 2011
- [Interdependence: Biology and Beyond By Kriti Sharma Acknowledgements page]
- Towards Collective Liberation Acknowledgents XV]
- Wherevent "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109