Mary Kay Henry
- 1 SEIU career
- 2 Gay activism
- 3 Supporting Democratic Socialists of America
- 4 National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
- 5 Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
- 6 "The 99% Spring"
- 7 Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- 8 Fred Ross award campaign
- 9 Midwest Academy connection
- 10 "Progressive Agenda"
- 11 SEIU Leadership
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Mary Kay Henry is an International Executive Vice President of the Service Employees International Union.
She was named one of the nation's "Top 25 Women in Healthcare" for 2009 by Modern Healthcare.
Henry began working with SEIU in 1979 and rose to become a leader and chief healthcare strategist and was elected to the International Executive Board in 1996. Since June 2004, she has served as an International Executive Vice President of SEIU, leading the union's efforts to build a stronger voice for healthcare workers. More than one million healthcare workers nationwide, including registered nurses, technicians, doctors, and hospital and clinic workers are united in SEIU Healthcare.
Henry is a founding member of SEIU's gay and lesbian Lavender Caucus.
Supporting Democratic Socialists of America
Key SEIU leaders Mary Kay Henry, Eliseo Medina, Mitch Ackerman, Kirk Adams, Gerry Hudson, Eileen Kirlin, Dave Regan and Tom Woodruff placed and ad in Democratic Left Winter 2011/2012 edition praising Democratic Socialists of America. 
National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
Mary Kay Henry was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
"The 99% Spring"
Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
In Oakland, California, hundreds of workers, youth, and activists rose to their feet to welcome Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis who opened the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance’s 3-day 11th biennial convention on July 22, 2011. Solis spoke of the employment crisis and the recovery of back wages for victims of wage theft, and was met with a standing ovation for her strong support for the DREAM Act. The convention’s lineup of speakers also included AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler, AFSCME Secretary-Treasurer Lee Saunders, and SEIU President Mary Kay Henry.
In accordance with the theme, "Generations United: Our Jobs, Our Rights, Our Future!" the convention successfully outreached to 200 young leaders. Fiery testimonials were given by student activists and DREAMers Ju Hong and David Cho, as well as Pulitzer-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, who all shared their experience as undocumented immigrants and highlighted immigration as a key issue in the APA labor movement.
APALA honored labor and community leaders during the sold-out gala dinner, and the grand ballroom was at-capacity with over twenty APA elected officials including Congressman Mike Honda, Mayor Jean Quan and State Controller John Chiang joining convention goers for a reception and dinner Saturday evening.
Fred Ross award campaign
In early 2013, mainly Democratic Socialists of America aligned activists, together with many elected officials across the United States came together to urge President Barack Obama to award posthumously the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the legendary organizer, Fred Ross, Sr.. The Saul Alinsky trained radical was the first to organize people through house meetings, a mentor to both Cesar Chavez and DSAer Dolores Huerta, and a pioneer in Latino voter outreach since 1949 when he helped elect Communist Party USA affiliate Ed Roybal as Los Angeles’s first Latino council member, "Ross’ influence on social change movements remains strong two decades after his death in 1992".
Endorsers of the proposal included Mary Kay Henry.
Midwest Academy connection
Signers of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's May 12, 2015 launched The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality included Mary Kay Henry - SEIU.
- Mary Kay Henry - President
- Mike Fishman - Secretary-Treasurer
- Kirk Adams - Executive Vice President
- Gerry Hudson - Executive Vice President
- Eileen Kirlin - Executive Vice President
- Valarie Long - Executive Vice President
- Rocio Saenz - Executive Vice President
- Mary Kay Henry
- Dem. Left, Winter 2011/2012
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- THE 99% Spring, Who are we/ accessed April 20, 2012
- 2011-convention.html, APALA 2011 Convention, July 28, 2011 Caroline Fan
- Momentum Builds for Honoring Legendary Organizer Fred Ross, by Randy Shaw, 2013-03-05
- MWA homepage 2014 GALA HOST COMMITTEE
- http://progressiveagenda.us/signers SIGNERS OF THE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA TO COMBAT INCOME INEQUALITY]
- SEIU about, accessed Dec. 2015