- 1 DSA Contact
- 2 Supporter of the New American Movement
- 3 Tribute to Ben Dobbs
- 4 Socialist Community School
- 5 Los Angeles DSA
- 6 DSA Conference delegate
- 7 DSA Feminist Commission
- 8 DSA Montana
- 9 Computer work
- 10 Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- 11 Montanans for Bernie
- 12 Montana DSA
- 13 Anti-Trump
- 14 Whitefish rally
- 15 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 16 DSA Prairie Dog Caucus
- 17 Billings DSA Organizers
- 18 References
Circa early 1980s Marshall Mayer, Education Coordinator was listed as a contact for the Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America Exectutive Committee. At the bottom of the list was the statement, "Change the USA, work with DSA!".
Supporter of the New American Movement
In 1981, Karen Dubinsky, Chairperson, Ontario Federation of Students; the Pittsburgh Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild; the Socialist Community School Bookstore of Los Angeles; Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer; Mary Clarke and Ben Clarke were listed as supporters of the New American Movement.
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. At the dinner, Gayanne Feitinghoff, Edwina White and Marshall Mayer hosted a slide/sound presentation entitled "Ben Dobbs - 1yr to 69yrs". Mayer was also a sponsor of the event.
Socialist Community School
Los Angeles DSA
DSA Conference delegate
DSA Feminist Commission
Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- You are invited to Helena's premier fundraising event to Support Amanda Curtis for the U.S. Senate on October 15th (2014) from 5-7pm at the historic Windsor Ballroom atop the Iron Front Hotel in downtown Helena.
- Let's give Amanda Curtis a big Helena welcome, and send her off with buckets of hear-earned, home-grown cash contributions!
- Amanda's Helena Hosts:
- Kim Abbott
- Steve Bullock and Lisa Bullock
- Phil Campbell and Judy Fay
- Carlo Canty and Marietta Canty
- Lin Deola and Shaun Deola
- Andres Haladay
- Sarah Jaeger
- Denise Juneau
- Christine Kaufmann and Pat Kemp
- Nancy Keenan
- Jane Kollmeyer and Terry Chute
- Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer*
- Beth Murphy
- Jon Satre and Paulette Etchart
- Sarah Sullivan
- Jon Tester and Sharla Tester
- Norma Tirrell and Gordon Bennett*
- Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs and John Tubbs
- Ali Wibbeler Zackheim and Alan Zackheim
Montanans for Bernie
Andy Boyd, 38, is a small business owner in Bozeman. He describes himself as an independent voter who’s never really been into politics, until this year. In May, he started supporting Sanders on Facebook.
“He’s the first politician to get me off my butt,” Boyd said, before launching into a breathless explanation of why he started two groups, Bozeman for Bernie and Montana for Bernie. It is now Montanans for Bernie.
“Bernie voted against the Iraq War in 2002 and he is anti-(Trans-Pacific Partnership) and Hillary is undecided on TPP,” Boyd said. “Hillary has been bought out by corporate America, unfortunately. Her biggest donors are the banks we bailed out and his biggest donors are the unions.”
Boyd isn’t alone. He recently teamed up with Marshall Mayer of Helena, who also started a Sanders Facebook group, to merge their pages and continue recruiting more to the Sanders’ campaign.
“We both started our own Facebook pages and then we combined them,” Boyd said. “It’s been going great ever since then.”
The combined page now has 4,786 likes. While Clinton supporters could be following a national page, for Sanders supporters, the fact that the Montana page for Clinton has just 786 likes is meaningful.
And their efforts are extending past social media into what looks like a nascent field campaign. Sanders supporters have held meetings, marched in a Butte parade, and distributed literature at the Gallatin County Fair and Bozeman’s Community Food Co-op.
“We’ve had three meetups here in Bozeman, each had 25 to 30 people,” Boyd said. He also listed a slew of coming events, including a live webcast with the senator Wednesday at Bar IX, which Boyd already has 30 RSVPs for. Bob Butts is also involved.
Marshall Mayer, was in January 2017, contact for Montana Democratic Socialists of America Organizing Committee.
- After the rally, the sun came out and it warmed up enough for our cameras to work. Here you see DSA members from Kalispell and Columbia Falls (two of only four members from the Flathead Valley, where Whitefish is), plus other members that came from Hot Springs, Missoula, Helena and Bozeman (a 5-hour drive). We were joined by several hundred other penguins. — with Arthur Fretheim, Marshall Mayer, Paul Dock, Bonnie Lambert and Tootie Welker in Whitefish, Montana.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Prairie Dog Caucus
Billings DSA Organizers
- DSA contacts sheet
- 10th Anniversary Booklet for the New American Movement, 1981
- Tribute to Ben Dobbs program, June 7, 1981
- Socialist Community School committee member list Feb 1982
- LA DSA members letter July 10 1982
- LA, DSA, letterhead January 28th, 1985
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- Democratic Left, March/April 1991, page 14
- Democratic Left, Sep./Oct. 1992, page 32
- http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/politics/of-all-places-sanders-presidential-bid-has-growing-support-in/article_80020b68-4e62-5b76-9395-c6d9d9398416.html Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Of all places, Sanders’ presidential bid has growing support in MontanaBy Troy Carter Chronicle Staff Writer Jul 23, 2015 ]