Lance Cohn is a Chicago Communist Party USA activist.
Supported Communist Party call
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Greetings were sent from Lance Cohn of Illinois.
2000 Chicago PWW banquet
The 2000 banquet, held October 28 at the House of Fortune restaurant featured Congressman Danny Davis as guest speaker.
Local honorees were;
- Jarvis Williams, president SEIU local 46, and vice president Chicago AFL-CIO
- Alice Bush, director District 1199, SEIU Local and leader of last summer's strike against Methodist Hospital in Gary Indiana.
- Bea Lumpkin, author of "Always bring a crowd"
- Jesus Garcia, former member of the Illinois State Legislature and presently director of the Little Village Community Development Center.
Lance Cohn was a banquet organizer.
In 2001, Lance Cohn, then Illinois District Organizer, agreed to become the Midwest PWW Distribution Coordinator and help build the readership of the PWW in the Midwest and work with Fred Gaboury and others to develop a Midwest bureau.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Lance Cohn, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Communist Party USA
Joan Elbert, Barbara Russum, Bea Lumpkin, William Appelhans, Bill Mackovich, Carolyn Black, Carroll Krois, Dee Myles , Doug Freedman, Frank Lumpkin, John Bachtell, Kevin Collins, Lance Cohn, Mark Almberg, Marguerite Horberg, Martha Pedroza, Mike Giocondo, Pepe Lozano, Roberta Wood, Scott Marshall, Shelby Richardson, Sijisfredo Aviles, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
We Are One Chicago
Dozens of state employees boarded buses in Chicago Feb. 2014 for a trip to Springfield with a message for lawmakers: keep your hands off our pensions. Twenty-six buses of teachers, police officers, nurses, fire fighters and other public workers, some retired, left the city from eight different locations for a planned afternoon rally inside the capitol rotunda.
They represent a group called "We Are One Chicago," and aim to call attention to a bill passed by lawmakers in December that they maintain is unconstitutional and would unfairly burden public workers. "That's our pension money. That's the only thing we have to live on after we retire. We don't get Social Security," said retired Chicago Teachers Union delegate Lance Cohn. "There's lots of money that can be appropriated if necessary. ... "[There are] all kinds of taxes which would not hurt the average working person but would certainly help us in improving education and saving our pensions."
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19
- PWW October 7, 2000
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- NBC Chicago, Public Workers, Retirees Head to Springfield to Fight New Pension Law By Michelle Relerford and BJ Lutz Feb 19, 2014