New American Movement 10th convention
Christine Riddiough, Co-Chair, Socialist Feminist Commission; Kate Ellis, Assoc. NAM, NY Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee; Cheryl Johnson, Program of African Studies, Northwestern U. and Liz Weston, Co-Chair, Socialist Feminist Commission led a workshop entitled Feminist Strategies for the '80's at the 10th Convention of the New American Movement. The convention was held in a union headquarters in Chicago and ran from July 29 - August 2, 1981.
Democratic Socialists of America founding conference
Kate Ellis moderated the day one "Feminism Under Fire"session of the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee/New American Movement Unity Conference in Detroit March 21/22 1982, that resulted in the formation of Democratic Socialists of America.
DSA Feminist Commission
In 1982 the Democratic Socialists of America Feminist commission initiated a publication called "Women Organizing". The August 1982 issue included articles by Barbara Ehrenreich, Kate Ellis, Roberta Lynch, Michael Lerner and Deborah Meier.
In 1985, Holly Graff, Liz Weston, Claire Kaplan, Kate Ellis of New York and Peg Strobel were listed as members of the steering committee for the Feminist Commission of the Democratic Socialists of America.
Feminists for Peace and Barack Obama
- In the coming elections, it is important to remember that war and peace are as much \"women\'s issues\" as are health, the environment, and the achievement of educational and occupational equality. Because we believe that all of these concerns are not only fundamental but closely intertwined, this Tuesday we will be casting our vote for Senator Barack Obama as the Democratic nominee for President of the United States.
- NAM 10th Convention Agenda, July 29, 1981
- Conference program brochure
- DSA Keylist newsletter July 1982, page 1
- DSA Feminist Commission Directory, 1985