Justice Democrats In December 2016, Cenk Uygur, Kyle Kulinski, a Young Turks network colleague who hosts "Secular Talk," and Zack Exley and Saikat Chakrabarti, top Bernie Sanders campaign staffers launched Justice Democrats, a Political Action Committee (PAC) that "aims to recruit and fund a slate of primary challengers under an anti-corporate, progressive banner."
Justice Democrats works with Brand New Congress.
Justice Democrats "vigorously oppose[s] all efforts to dismantle reproductive rights" supports an Article 5 convention, full government healthcare, full government education, maintaining Social Security and Medicaid, wants to ban Super PACs and private donations to politicians and campaigns, seeks to prosecute Wall Street criminals (no specifics given), "bring back Glass-Steagall, and re-regulate Wall Street..." They want to "chain the capital gains tax to the income tax, increase the estate tax, and implement the Buffet Rule so that no millionaire CEO pays less in taxes than his or her secretary." They support "net neutrality" and expand "non-discrimination protections...to include the LGBTQ community and the atheist community." They support tying the minimum wage to inflation, and "support strong unions and collective bargaining." They want to dismantle the military and spend the money on "rebuilding infrastructure, and investing in the future of the people."
They want to legalize, tax and regulate drug use, and then provide fully taxpayer-funded "rehabilitation and treatment." They want to battle man-made global warming: "...we need a massive green revolution. It’s time to drastically and immediately move away from fossil fuels and develop the technologies of the future. This will be a giant boon to both the private and public sector, as well as a necessary response to a global crisis. We can and we must be #1 in sustainable energy production in the world."
Other issues include:
- "renegotiate...rigged deals" such as NAFTA, CAFTA, PNTR with China and the WTO.
- "Ban the NSA from bulk data-collection and warrantless spying.
- "Shut down Guantanamo Bay and all extrajudicial prisons.
- "Ban arming human rights violators (such as "Egypt" and "Israel.")
- "We support the Paycheck Fairness Act. We oppose Republican cuts to Planned Parenthood and women’s health clinics all across the country.
- "ENSURE PAID VACATION TIME, SICK TIME, FAMILY LEAVE, CHILDCARE.
- "We won’t give an inch in our opposition to Trump’s outrageous proposals. Ideas like a ‘total and complete’ shutdown of Muslim immigration and deporting all undocumented immigrants are anathema to America. We will fight for comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship."
- "For-profit policing and for-profit prisons should be abolished. Police training should be retooled to emphasize deescalation tactics, and body cameras should be mandatory on all officers...Special prosecutors must also be appointed to hold police accountable.
- House all homeless people.
- Enact gun control laws.
- Cori Bush
- Paula Jean Swearengin
- Michael Hepburn
- Adrienne Bell
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Anthony Clark