Joseph (Jazz) Hayden was a major organizer at Attica prison, for attempted murder of two policemen.
March on Wall Street
On April 3 2008 Joseph Hayden of UFP & J, Picayune, MS endorsed a Bail Out the People Movement organized "March on Wall Street" ;
- Because we must demand that the needs of the people come before the greed of the super rich. Millions are jobless and homeless, and millions more will be living on the streets if the government continues to waste trillions of dollars on saving wealthy bankers instead of saving people.
"END MASS INCARCERATION"
Friday, SEPT 14. 7PM. RIVERSIDE CHURCH NYC.
- On the day following the 41st anniversary of the Attica ¬massacre of courageous prisoners rising up against intolerable oppression, we come together to fight mass ¬incarceration and to demand the closing of Attica as a symbolic commitment to this larger goal. We build on the powerful commemoration that took place last September 9, 2011 at Riverside Church.
MC: Asha Bandele.
"A New Vision for Black Freedom"
4/29/12 Resistance & State Repression Plenary in the South Hall at The Riverside Church, New York City, NY
A New Vision for Black Freedom: The Manning Marable Memorial Conference-Reinvigorating Social Theory-Redefining Political Struggle
- Joseph Hayden, Activist, Scholar , Founder of allthingsharlem.com
- Farah Tanis, Activist, Scholar Executive Director, Ex Officio, Black Women's Blueprint
- Kevin Powell - activist, writer, public speaker, and entrepreneur and, in 2008 and 2010, was a Democratic candidate for Congress in Brooklyn, New York.
- Laura Whitehorn, scholar, activist, formerly incarcerated political prisoner for 16 years charged w/ Conspiracy; destruction of government property; fraud ; member of the Weathermen/The Weather Underground Organization in 1969
- Marc Lamont Hill- Moderator activist/organizer Associate Professor of Education, Teachers College-Columbia University