DSA Cultural Commission
DSA Conference delegate
DSA Tribute to Ruth Messinger
New Directions Conference
DSA Feminist Commission
In 1986 Jo-Ann Mort was listed as a National Office contact for the Commission.
DSA Labor Commission
Led by Bogdan Denitch, DSA's permanent representative to the Socialist International, the Democratic Socialists of America delegation to the October 1990 Socialist International meeting in New York, included DSA Honorary Chair, Cornel West, Pat Belcon, a DSA NPC member, Motl Zelmanowicz, a "DSAer active in the Jewish Labor Bund", Jo-Ann Mort, a DSA NPC member, Jack Sheinkman, president of ACTWU, NYC Commissioner of Finance, Carol O'Cleireacain, Terri Burgess, chair of the DSA youth Section, Skip Roberts, Chair of DSA's Socialist International Committee, welcomed the Council to the United States on behalf of Democratic Socialists of America.
The Democratic Socialists of America delegation to the 1992 Socialist International conference in Berlin, included Bogdan Denitch, (chair), Christine Riddiough, (VP Socialist International Women), Motl Zelmanowicz, Jose LaLuz, Michael Lighty, Jo-Ann Mort and Penny Schantz.
Socialist Scholars Conference 1990
- Sponsor: Democratic Socialists of America
- Paul Booth, Field Service Department, AFSCME
- Jo-Ann Mort, ACTWU Communications Director
- Paul Garver, Rutgers Labor Education Center
- Paul Baichich, International Assoc. of Machinists at Eastern Airlines
Socialist Scholars Conference
Jo-Ann Mort, Democratic Socialists of America, James Weinstein, Editor, In These Times, Chris Owens, Chair, Paul Robeson Independent Democrats, Steve Max, Midwest Academy and L. Donelle Gladwin, DSA Youth Section were speakers on the The 92' Presidential Election: What's a Democratic Socialist To Do? panel sponsored by the Democratic Socialists of America at the Tenth Annual Socialist Scholars Conference. The conference was held April 24-26, 1992 at the Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York City.
Socialist Scholars 1993
Members of the Socialist Scholars Conference 1993 "Labor and Politics' panel were;
- Sponsor: MassCult Research Group
- Phil Mattera, Corporate Campaign
- Ed Sadlowski, United Steelworkers of America
- William DiFazio, St. Johns University
- Jo-Ann Mort, ACTWU
- William Nuchow, Local 840, Teamsters
The New Labor Press
DSAers in Paris
In June 1993 four DSA members met in Paris with their French comrades and a politically diverse group of U.S. and French economists to discuss the difficult transition from Reaganomics to Clintonomics. The DSA delegation from New York included David Gordon, Professor of Economics at the New School; Victor Sidel, Professor of Public Health Medicine at Mount Sinai; Jo-Ann Mort, Communications Director for the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union; and John Mason, an Assistant Professor of Politics at William Paterson College.
In Paris, they were joined by Penny Schantz, a former DSA Youth Organizer.
The conference itself - formally entitled "Today's Changing American Economy" — was the first Franco-American meeting sponsored by La Fondation Jean Jaures, a"public interest corporation" set upby the French Socialist Party.
According to SEIU's annual filing with the United States Department of Labor, SEIU paid $315,687 to Mort's consulting firm, Change Communications, during 2008. And Jo-Ann and Bruce Raynor go way back apparently - her profile on her firm's website says that she was director of communications for UNITE and the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, "the predecessor unions to Workers United, an affiliate of SEIU."
Bernard Avishai, Joanne Barkan, David Bensman, Marshall Berman, Paul Berman , H Brand, David Bromwich, Luther Carpenter , Jean L Cohen, Mitchell Cohen, Bogdan Denitch , Jeff Faux, Cynthia Fuchs Epstein, Todd Gitlin, Murray Hausknecht, Agnes Heller, Jeffrey Isaac, Michael Kazin , Martin Kilson, Erazim Kohak, William Kornblum, Jeremy Larner, Susie Linfield, Kevin Mattson, Deborah Meier, Harold Meyerson, Nicolaus Mills , Jo-Ann Mort, Brian Morton, Carol O'Cleireacain, George Packer, Martin Peretz, Anson Rabinbach, Ruth Rosen, James Rule, Alan Ryan, Patricia Cayo Sexton, Jim Sleeper, Ann Snitow, Cornel West, Sean Wilentz, Dennis Wrong.
Americans for Peace Now
- DSA Keylist newsletter, July 1982
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- DSA Feminist Commission Directory, 1985
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- Democratic Left, March/April 1990, page 11
- Democratic Left, November/december 1990, page 7
- Democratic Left, November/December 1992, page 12
- Second Annual Socialist Scholars Conference program.
- SSE Tenth Annual Conference Program, 1992
- Democratic Left March/April 1993, page 13
- Democratic Left, September/October 1992, page 21
- Dem. Left, Sept./Oct. 1993, page 28
- Chicago DSA