- 1 Vietnam Veterans Against the War/Operation RAW
- 2 "Hanoi Jane"
- 3 Fonda/Hayden's IPC Trip to Meet with the Communist North Vietnamese and their southern front, the Provisional Revolutionary Government, the old National Liberation Front (NLF), in Paris, October 1973
- 4 Fonda and the Flacks'
- 5 Fonda and the National United Committee to Free Angela Davis and All Political Prisoners
- 6 Jane Fonda and the Wilfred Burchett Tribute/Fundraiser in 1977
- 7 "One Million Strong" Planned parenthood Cocktail Party
- 8 Progressives for Obama
- 9 Stop Hate Dump Trump Campaign
- 10 References
Jane Fonda is a well known American actress and activist.
Vietnam Veterans Against the War/Operation RAW
During the Labor Day weekend of September 4-7, 1970, Operation RAW ("Rapid American Withdrawal") took place. It was a three day protest march from Morristown, NJ, to Valley Forge State Park by over 200 veterans. It was sponsored by Vietnam Veterans Against the War. They were joined by members of Nurses for Peace and other peace groups. Dressed in combat fatigues and carrying toy weapons, the march was designed to dramatize a Vietnam-type search and destroy mission to the Middle America they passed through. Upon entering each town along the march, sweeps were made, prisoners taken and interrogated, property seized and homes cleared with the assistance of previously planted "guerrilla theater" actors portraying civilians. The 86 mile long march culminated in a four hour rally at Valley Forge that over 1,500 people attended. The honorary commander during this event was retired Army Brigadier General Hugh B. Hester. Sponsors included Senators George McGovern and Edmund Muskie, Rep. John Conyers, Paul O'Dwyer, Mark Lane, and Donald Sutherland. Scheduled speakers were John Kerry, Joe Kennedy, Rev. James Bevel, Mark Lane, Jane Fonda, and Sutherland. Congressman Allard Lowenstein, Mike Lerner, and Army First Lt. Louis Font also spoke.
In July-August 1972 Fonda made her infamous trip to North Vietnam. By this time, over 50,000 Americans had been killed in the war. While there, she posed for pictures on an anti-aircraft gun that had been used to shoot down American planes, and she volunteered to do a radio broadcast from Hanoi. She made approximately eight radio addresses, during which she told American pilots in the area:
- "Use of these bombs or condoning the use of these bombs makes one a war criminal. Examine the reasons given to justify the murder you are being paid to commit. I don't know what your officers tell you, but [your] weapons are illegal and that's not just rhetoric. The men who are ordering you to use these weapons are war criminals according to international law, and in the past, in Germany and Japan, men who committed these kinds of crimes were tried and executed."
Fonda also quoted Ho Chi Minh during some of these broadcasts. She referred to President Richard Nixon as a "new-type Hitler," and advised South Vietnamese soldiers to desert: "You are being used as cannon fodder for U.S. imperialism."
These radio addresses were aired repeatedly by the North Vietnamese communists.
Fonda/Hayden's IPC Trip to Meet with the Communist North Vietnamese and their southern front, the Provisional Revolutionary Government, the old National Liberation Front (NLF), in Paris, October 1973
In mid-October, 1973, Jane Fonda, her husband Tom Hayden, one of the top three leaders of the Hanoi Lobby, and several others met with the North Vietnamese and PRG representatives in Paris, France, to get their marching orders for setting up a new "lobbying" effort aimed at the U.S. Congress to cut off all aid to the government/military of the Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam), and collaterally, to the Hanoi-invaded government/peoples of Cambodia and Laos.
She appeared at the Oct. 25, 1973 Indochina Peace Campaign (IPC) sponsored conference in [Germantown]], Ohio, at which Hayden gave the audience the marching orders Hanoi had for them in regard to this aid cutoff lobbying campaign. She participated in one of the conference's "Workshops", on Saturday, "Workshop 15", while Hayden appeared in the "Group 2" workshop..
Fonda and the Flacks'
Fonda and the National United Committee to Free Angela Davis and All Political Prisoners
Fonda was a "sponsor" of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) created front known as the National United Committee to Free Angela Davis and All Political Prisoners (NUCFAD). This front was created to "free" CPUSA member Angela Davis from jail regarding her indictment for providing a sawed-off shotgun to one of the Soledad Brothers who killed a judge hostage during a courthouse escape try. A national conference to establish this Communist Party front was held in Chicago on May 12, 1973.
Four articles in the Congressional Record (CR) provide a tremendous amount of information about this CPUSA front, NUCFAD, which became the National Defense Organization Against Racism and Political Repression (NDOARPR), later to be changed again to the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression (NAARPR). They are:
- May 3, 1973, "National Defense Organization Against Racist and Political Repression", Rep. Richard Ichord, (D-MO), regular remarks, pp. H3336
- May 9, 1973, "Founding Conference for a National Defense Organization Against Racist and Political Repression", Rep. John Ashbrook (R-Oh), Extension of Remarks, pp. E3080-3082.
- May 10, 1973, "Founding Conference for a National Defense Organization Against Racist and Political Repression", Rep. John Ashbrook (R-Oh), Extension of Remarks, pp. 3121-3122.
- May 17, 1973, "National Defense Organization Against Racism and Political Repression", Rep. Richard Ichord, (D-MO), C.R. regular remarks, pp. H3785-3786.
These Congressional Record inserts were reprinted in the House Internal Security Committee hearings entitled "Revolutionary Activities Directed Toward the Administration of Penal or Correctional Systems", Part 4, (Testimony of Richard R. Norusis, Investigator, Minority Staff", July 25, 1973 Session (In Part), Including Index, 93rd Congress, 1st Session, pp. 1559-1563. This volume also contains a significant amount of NUCFAD original documents, including lists of individuals attending the conference, elected and appointed NUCFAD officials, sponsoring organizations (and attendees), and CPUSA articles about their role in forming this front (KW has more at "Angela Davis Defense Committees").
Jane Fonda and the Wilfred Burchett Tribute/Fundraiser in 1977
Jane Fonda was one of the leaders of a "tribute and fundraiser" for Wilfred Burchett, an identified Soviet KGB agent, Australian Communist Party member, and Red Chinese-uniformed propagandist in Communist prison camps for UN forces POWS held in North Korea0, held in Hollywood. It featured a "Who's Who" of the American "Hanoi Lobby" plus Hollywood left-liberals including producer "Norman Lear. For full details on this event, see the "Wilfred Burchett" page at KW.
"One Million Strong" Planned parenthood Cocktail Party
Guest speaker and actress Jane Fonda, Congressman Joseph Crowley and President of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund Cecile Richards attended Planned Parenthood Action Fund and Planned Parenthood Advocates of New York City for the One Million Strong Cocktail Party, a fundraiser to help make this a pro-choice election year. The event was held at The Prince George Ballroom on June 2, 2008 in New York City.
Progressives for Obama
Stop Hate Dump Trump Campaign
Jane Fonda and a group of veteran communist/Marxists sympathizers and entertainment industry leftists announced the formation of a "Stop Hate Dump Trump" campaign "to denounce the billionaire Republication presidential frontrunner, saying he is a threat to the United States"..
According to the Newsmax and other articles, the organization's basic stance and opposition to presidential candidate Trump was summed up as:
"We believe Trump is a grave threat to democracy, freedom, human rights, equality and the welfare of our country and all our people" (the campaign said).
"History has shown us what happens when people refuse to stand against hate-filled leaders. We pledge ourselves to speak out in every way possible against the politics of hate and exclusion he represents."
Among the original founders/joiners of this organization (a claimed 1,200 signatures when it was announced on Jan. 20, 2106) were:
- Jane Fonda - one of the three founding members, best known for her support of Hanoi and the Viet Cong during the Vietnam war
- Eve Ensler - playwright, cofounder. Hardcore leftist and so-called "women's right" advocates
- Kimberle Crenshaw - third cofounder. Law professor at both Columbia Un. Law School and UCLA Law School.
- Harry Belafonte - entertainer and hardcore communist countries and fronts supporter, especially regarding Communist Cuba.
- Noam Chomsky - Prof, MIT, and hardcore Marxist who has a many decades long record of supporter communist fronts ranging from the CPUSA to the Trotskyist Socialist Workers Party (SWP) to the SWP split-off, once Trotskyist, now Stalinist Workers World Party (WWP). Example. "National Endorser", WWP front, "Peoples Anti-War Mobilization]]" (PAM), May 3, 1981 "March on the Pentagon". Another example: "Sponsor", the pro-Castro, set-up-by Castro "Center for Cuban Studies (CCS), pamphlet, ca. early 1970s. Another example: "Sponsor" of the pro-Communist (No. Vietnam, Viet Cong, Pathet Lao) Medical Aid to Indochina organization, pamphlet, 1973. Example. "Sponsor", May 11-13, 1973, national conference of the CPUSA front, the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, (NAARPR), "Partial Catalog of Sponsors".
- Jonathan Demme - filmmaker and a more recent joiner of leftwing fronts and causes
- Danny Glover - actor and hardcore leftist activist re Cuba and Iraq.
- Gloria Steinem - one of the original leaders of the "feminist movement" who also has a long record of supporting both liberal and far-left communist fronts and causes.
- Alice Walker - writer and hardcore supporter of Communist Cuba. Example: "Washington Post", April 30, 2012, p. A5, advertisement, "The Cuban Five" - Wrongly accused. Unjustly convicted. 14 years in U.S. prisons", sponsored by the National Committee to Free the Cuban Five, a front for the WWP.
- Rosie O'Donnell - comedian and actress who is considered to be on the fringe of the Left with her wild conspiracy theories
- Michael Moore - film producer and multi-millionaire Marxist/leftist/anti-capitalist
- Lily Tomlin - actress, feminist movement leader, and supporter of all sorts of leftist/liberal causes
- Jodie Evans - documentary film producer and co-founder of the Marxist "anti-war organization Code Pink". Code Pink was a "human shield" protector of Saddam Hussein, friends with Marxist dictators Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro, among others.
- Kerry Washington - actor