Glen Ford is Executive Editor of Black Agenda Report.
Anti Walmart symposium
The Wal-Mart, Race & Gender: Local Controversies, Global Process symposium was held on January 21st 2006 at the University of Chicago. It was an opportunity to put the many-faceted struggle against Wal-Mart—and the nature of the corporation itself—into context.
Organized by the university’s Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture and the Center for Gender Studies, the "symposium drew about 250 people into a mostly sober discussion of the Wal-Mart menace, and the particularities of how it impacts the various groups it seeks to crush or coopt— the kind of conversation that is sorely needed by all who claim to be “movement” people."
"Radical Black Perspective"
Left Forum 2010 contained the following panel: "Radical Black Perspective Panel: Obama, the Crisis of Black Leadership and US Imperialism Running Amuck!"
- Nellie Bailey (Chair), Co-founder of Harlem Tenants Council and Harlem Anti-War Coalition
- Glen Ford, Executive Editor of Black Agenda Report
- Margaret Kimberley, Senior Editor of Black Agenda Report
- Jon Jeter, Journalist & former Bureau Chief for the Washington Post in southern Africa and South America. Author of Flat Broke in the Free Market: How Globalization Fleeced Working People.
National Peace Conference
The National Peace Conference, took place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Albany New York, July 2010. Many workshops are scheduled and many leaders of the peace and progressive movements will be there: Cindy Sheehan, Kathy Kelly, Medea Benjamin, Ann Wright, Dahlia Wasfi, Leila Zand, Michael McPhearson, Kevin Martin, David Swanson, Glen Ford, and many others.
"New Cold War"
New York City: What’s driving the new ‘Cold War’? Will It escalate? Can we stop it?
Teach-In: Saturday, May 10 2014 Riverside Church, Tower Room.
- NATO expansion and encirclement of Russia & China
- Why the U.S. wants a confrontation over Ukraine
- ‘Asia Pivot,’ AFRICOM & the ‘War on Terror’
- How Washington uses NGOs, fascist movements, mercenaries & drones to promote its agenda
- Why our real enemy is Wall Street – not Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Korea …
- Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general, human rights lawyer
- Glen Ford, Black Agenda Report
- Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, now antiwar activist
- Larry Holmes, People’s Power Assembly
- Sara Flounders, International Action Center
- Avin Dirki, Syrian American Forum
- Joe Lombardo, United National Antiwar Coalition
- Bill Dores, International League of People’s Struggle
- Bernard White, CPR Metro Radio
- Bernadette Ellorin, BAYAN USA
- Dustin Ponder, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- William Camacaro, Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle
- Bahman Azad, U.S. Peace Council, Veterans for Peace
Left Forum 2016
South Africa Today: Liberation or Economic Apartheid? L2.80 Socialist Action Newspaper
- Christine Marie, Chair Socialist Action
- Marty Goodman Socialist Action newspaper
- Patrick Bond Centre for Civil Society in Durban (UKZN)
- Glen Ford Black Agenda Report