Frank Llewellyn ia prominent member of Democratic Socialists of America.
DSA Conference delegate
DSA Racial Diversity Task Force
In 1992 Frank Llewellyn was a member of the Democratic Socialists of America Racial Diversity Task Force - charged with finding ways of recruiting (and retaining) more "people of color" into the organization.
Llewellyn, of the New York City DSA, was elected to the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee, at the November 1997 DSA National Convention in Columbus Ohio.
DSA National Director
In 2002, Frank Llewellyn was appointed Democratic Socialists of America National Director for a term that will extend at least through January 31, 2003. Llewellyn had served as Acting Director since May 15th 2001. Frank Llewellyn was a founding member of one of DSA’s predecessor organization, Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee, and worked on its staff for nine years until 1981. He has served in the national leadership of DSA since its formation in several capacities and was a member of the National Political Committee for five years until he resigned to become Acting Director.
The Democratic Socialists of America,delegation to the Socialist International Council meeting in Madrid on 7-8 February 2004, hosted by the Spanish Socialist Workers’ Party, PSOE, on the main theme of "How do we build upon the Social Democratic vision for a more secure world?" consisted of;
- Frank Llewellyn
- Skip Roberts
DSA participated in the observer delegation from the Socialist International to the Mexican elections in early July 2006. DSA National Director Frank Llewellyn led the delegation, which included Skip Roberts (Washington, DC), Daniel Reynolds (Miami) and Michael Lettieri (Washington, DC). Michael Lettieri also represented the Council on Hemispheric Affairs (COHA).
We participated in this delegation because of the extraordinary importance that political developments in Mexico hold for the United States and because of DSA's very close relationship with the PRD--the only significant party representing genuine social democratic change in Mexico.
US delegates to the Socialist International 13th Congress, Athens, Greece June 30th 2008 included Carol Browner, a delegation from Democratic Socialists of America; Frank Llewellyn, Corey Walker, George Roberts, David Duhalde and Alejandro Duhalde plus another DSA member Andrew Hammer attending with the International League of Religious Socialists, former New American Movement radical Jeremy Rifkin representing the Foundation on Economic Trends and Puerto Rican Independence Party, Ruben Berrios Martinez and Maria Jose Cisneros.
At the Meeting of the Council of the Socialist International, United Nations, New York, 21-22 June 2010, delegates included Puerto Rican Independence Party members Ruben Berrios Martinez and Fernando Martin Garcia and from Democratic Socialists of America, Frank Llewellyn, Joseph Schwartz, David Sasha Duhalde-Wine, George D. Roberts, Luis Alejandro Duhalde.
Participants included representatives of the Socialist Party of Albania, MPLA (Angola), Bulgarian Socialist Party, Socialist Party of Chile, Sandinista National Liberation Front (Nicaragua), Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Party, Democratic Left Alliance (Poland), African National Congress (South Africa), Movement for Socialism (Venezuela) Observer parties included Polisario (Western Sahara) Consultative parties present included Fatah (Palestine), All-Nation Social Democratic Party (Kazakhstan).
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
In 2008 Frank Llewelyn, National Director of Democratic Socialists of America, New York signed a statement circulated by the Partisan Defense Committee calling for the release of convicted “cop-killer” Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Boston DSA post election forum
On Nov.24 2008 Boston Democratic Socialists of America organized a post election forum at the [[Democracy Center]45 Mt. Auburn St. Cambridge, (Harvard Sq.) Speakers:
- Frances Moore Lappe, the author of several books, beginning in 1971 with Diet for a Small Planet. She helped launch the Institute for Food and Development Policy (Food First), and—in 2002—the Small Planet Institute, which promotes global democracy and environmentally sustainable development. U Decide 2008, a recent Institute project, targeted undecided voters with flyers comparing the records and positions of Obama and McCain on specific issues. She is also on the Advisory Board of the Union of Concerned Scientists, and was selected by the Women’s National Book Association as one of the 12 living “women whose words have changed the world".
- Tim Costello, is a longtime labor activist and former truck driver who helped organize the North American Alliance for Fair Employment, a network of 65 unions and community groups in the U.S. and Canada. He is currently on the Advisory Board of the UMass Boston Labor Resource Center, and is Co-Director of Global Labor Strategies (www.globallaborblog.org). Tim Costello is also co-author of "Global Village or Global Pillage: Economic Reconstruction from the Bottom Up".
- Frank Llewellyn, is the National Director of Democratic Socialists of America, and on the Board of NY Citizen Action.
DSA Renotiate NAFTA petition
DSA 2011 leadership
- Theresa Alt (Ithaca, NY)
- Stuart Elliott (Wichita, KS)
- Paul Garver (Boston, MA),
- Virginia Franco (San Diego, CA)
- David Green (Detroit, MI)
- Barbara Joye (Atlanta, GA)
- Frank Llewellyn (New York, NY),
- Dan Michniewicz (Pinckney, MI)
- Simone Morgen (Columbus, OH),
- Joseph Schwartz (Philadelphia, PA)
- Peg Strobel (Chicago, IL)
NYC DSA leader
DSA 2016 leadership
The 2016-17 Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee elected members are: Jared Abbott, Hope Adair, Theresa Alt, David Green, Jose Gutierrez, Elizabeth Henderson, Frank Llewellyn, Sean Monahan, Simone Morgen, Brandon Payton-Carrillo, Joseph Schwartz, Peg Strobel and Russell Weiss-Irwin. The convention also voted to add two new honorary vice chairs: Deborah Meier and Bhaskar Sunkara. 
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- Memorandum, Steve tarzynski-May 26, 1992
- email from C Riddiough to S Tarzynski Dec 9 1994
- New York Democratic Socialist May 2001, page 1
- Democratic Left • Spring 2002
-  List of participants, SI website, accessed July 13, 2010
- Signers of Campaign to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Now
- http://www.dsaboston.org/yradical/yr2008-11.pdf TYR, November 2008]
- Renegotiate NAFTA website: Signatories to the petition to President Barack Obama, April 16, 2008
- Dem. left. Winter 2012
- NYC DSA FB photos, Maria SvartNYC-DSA September 23
- Dem Left, DSA Convention: New Strategy for a New Era Posted by Dsa on 11.18.15 Barbara Joye