According to his campaign website:
- "Derrick Crowe is continuing the political revolution in the 21st District of Texas. He's a proud progressive Democrat, former small business owner, and Capitol Hill professional. Derrick organizes for climate justice and advocates for fixing our rigged economy.
- "Derrick worked in Washington, D.C. for senior Democrats, including House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the top Democrats on agriculture (Charlie Stenholm) and counter-terrorism (Adam Smith). As as staffer, he contributed to the defense of Social Security and Medicare against Republican privatization pushes. As a senior communications professional, he participated in the messaging effort that helped Democrats retake the House in 2006. He also prepared senior Democrats to serve as national security surrogates for then-Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign.
- "Concerned that Washington, D.C. was aligning behind a military-first solution to a political problem in Afghanistan, Crowe left the Hill and eventually came to lead the Rethink Afghanistan project at Brave New Foundation (now Brave New Films). He won a reputation as a fierce advocate for reigning in military spending and bringing our troops and tax dollars home from wars that aren't making us safer and aren't worth the cost.
- "In the nonprofit sector, Derrick Crowe focused on bettering his community and supporting those in crisis, as well as improving government transparency and ethics. As communications director for a local nonprofit focused on family and intimate partner violence, Derrick helped lead a successful advocacy effort to win more city funds to process backlogged rape kits, provide justice to survivors of sexual assault, and get serial rapists off the street.
- "At the Center for Public Policy Priorities, Crowe advocated for low- and moderate-income Texans, supporting legislative agendas that benefit everyone, not just those at the top. That work followed similar efforts at the Children’s Defense Fund in Washington, D.C.
- "Derrick was proud to serve as a senior staffer for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a group known for hard-hitting investigations and actions against Members of Congress and other elites who violated the public trust, targeting violators from both parties.
- "Derrick is a father to Henry and a husband to Laurie Crowe. His most important goal is to have a good answer for when his son asks him, “Dad, what did you do?” during these turbulent times in our country.
Derrick Crowe was once a staffer for Nancy Pelosi.
Endorsed by People for Bernie 2018
Endorsed by Blue America
- "My first experience with Derrick Crowe goes back to when George W. Bush was president. Derrick was the organizing force behind Brave New Films’ “Rethink Afghanistan” project. What I’ve learned in all the years since: He has a visceral understanding of progressive issues and appears to be someone who will be more than just a “good vote” in Congress, but someone– like Pramila Jayapal, Ted Lieu and Ro Khanna can come forward as a natural thought leader."
According to his website, the following individuals/organizations have endorsed Derrick Crowe:
- The People for Bernie Sanders
- Our Revolution - Texas
- Our Revolution - San Antonio & Our Revolution - Central Texas chapters (joint endorsement)
- Left Up To US
- Justice Democrats
- Circle C Area Democrats, the largest Democratic club in Travis County
- UT University Democrats
- Bexar County Tejano Democrats
- Bexar County Young Democrats
- Bexar County Young Tejano Democrats
- Democracy for America
- Blue America
- Bill McKibben
- Marianne Williamson
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
Derrick Crowe Brave New Foundation, was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
The debate over Republican plans to overhaul the nation’s health care system hit the streets of Austin on Thursday afternoon as some three dozen protesters rallied outside of Sen. John Cornyn’s downtown office.
People gather to protest changes to the Affordable Care Act outside Senator John Cornyn's office on Thursday, July 6, 2017.
Demonstrators waved signs, led chants and blocked the sidewalk in opposition to the Senate GOP plan to overhaul the Affordable Care Act, which would slash coverage for many and the taxes that help pay for it.
Austin police arrested seven protesters who were blocking the sidewalk. Derrick Crowe, a Democrat running for Texas’ 21st Congressional District, was among those taken into custody, his campaign confirmed on Thursday afternoon.
Crowe wrote about the incident;
- Health care bills don’t kill people. The Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA, the Senate version of the GOP’s Affordable Care Act repeal) isn’t a health care bill. It’s a tax cut for very rich people, financed by letting tens of thousands of people in my congressional district get sick, go bankrupt, and die.
- These folks deserve someone that will stand up for them when politicians and corporations abuse them this way. That’s why I just participated in a nonviolent act of civil disobedience outside Senator John Cornyn’s office, for which I was just arrested.
- Stand with us: Join our campaign to help us fight for health care for everyone in this country.
- I joined a several local groups (ADAPT, Central Austin People Power, the Austin Democratic Socialists of America chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America, Indivisible Austin, Left Up To US, Our Revolution - Central Texas, Our Revolution - North Austin, Texas Alliance for Retired Americans-Austin, Texas Drought Project, and others) at a rally at noon today in front of Cornyn’s office to say no — no to the attack on the sickest, most vulnerable people in our community, and no to the politics of extreme greed that brought this legislative atrocity to life.
- And then, at about 12:20 p.m., a handful of us blocked the sidewalk, drawing a line in the sand against the attack on our families represented by this bill. Blocking pedestrian traffic resulted in our arrest. No one arrested the senator, though, whose office 15 floors above us has been dedicated recently to passing a bill to let thousands and thousands of us die each year.
- Republicans want to kick 22 million people off of health care and let almost 100,000 people die per year due to lack of care. That’s a horrific attack on the sick and injured.
- In moments like this, we are called to accept new risks to save our families and neighbors. Every person of conscience, from working-class folks out here in the district to Capitol Hill Democrats, must escalate their resistance to Trump and the GOP.
- We’re running a different type of campaign here in Texas, one that stands shoulder-to-shoulder with working people in Texas 21. We’re not taking corporate PAC money, and you can expect us to keep finding ways to fight not just from behind a microphone, but also in the streets. 
Democracy for America
Derrick Crowe, U.S. House, Texas 21, was endorsed by Democracy for America in 2018.
- A progressive activist and a former small business owner with years of experience in the government and nonprofit sectors, Derrick Crowe is dedicated to fighting climate change and protecting our environment. He plans to unseat the worst climate change denier in Congress in Texas’s’ 21st congressional district.
- Derrick is a former staffer for senior Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives and has been up-close-and-personal with the legislative process since the beginning of his professional career and he knows what it takes to be an effective legislator and advocate for his congressional district.
- As political director for Brave New Films, Derrick made sure the American people’s voice was heard on issues related to militarism and the Pentagon budget. He has partnered with Black Lives Matter in the past and continues to work to fight racism.
- Least 17 Democratic Socialists Seek Office in Texas, by Gus Bova, Published Fri, Feb 2, 2018
- Blue America Endorses Derrick Crowe for Congress, accessed January 9 2018
- accessed January 9 2018
- About, accessed January 9 2018
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- Austin police arrest 7 protesters, including congressional candidate, at Sen. John Cornyn’s office Nolan Hicks 1:35 p.m Thursday, July 6, 2017
- Daily Kos, Democratic candidate for Congress arrested while protesting health repeal By dcrowe Thursday Jul 06, 2017
- The RagBlog By Alice Embree | The Rag Blog | July 12, 2017