Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio
1997 members member
In 1997 Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio officers were;
Secretary: George Boas
Treasurer: Rich Hite
Late '90s members
In the late 1990s Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio members included John Wallace, Bob Fitrakis, Simone Morgen, George Boas, Michael Smalz, Reg Dyck, Jim Wiley, Lisa Stephens Lectka, Cheryl Turk Hill, Glenn King was a former DSCO member.
In Columbus, Ohio, DSA members campaigned for both Obama and congressional candidate Mary Jo Kilroy, who, after a suspenseful count of provisional ballots was declared the winner in December, raising the Democrats’ majority in the House to 257. Another candidate supported by a DSA member but not by the national Democratic party lost in a different district.
"The Other America" forum
January 10, 2013, 7:00 PM. Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio held a meeting, at the Northwood Building, Room 100, 2231 N. High St., Columbus.
Central Ohio Workers Center
In 2015 Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio members joined forces with Interfaith Worker Justice to create the Central Ohio Workers Center. Members of DSA were key in doing the paperwork to obtain 501(c)(3) status and bringing in a pro bono lawyer. The center’s focus is on know-your-rights outreach to immigrant workers, especially the large Somali community as well as the growing Latino community.
- Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio website
- [http://dsco1.tripod.com/news.htm Archived Articles, Archived Articles from members of DSCO and others regarding various aspects of Socialism. Accessed Dec. 27. 2010
- Democratic Left, Winter 2009
- Next Meeting: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 7:00 PM. Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio Meeting.
- http://www.dsausa.org/dsaers_show_solidarity_dl DL DSAers Show SolidarityPosted by Dsa on 09.16.15By Theresa Alt and Peg Strobel]