African Heritage Delegation to Palestine/Israel
The African Heritage Delegation to Israel/Palestine members, November 2014:
- Dele Balogun - Portland, Oregon
- Ajamu Baraka - Cali, Colombia
- Jen Copeland - Decatur, Georgia
- Ashara Ekundayo – Oakland, California
- Anthony Grimes - Denver, Colorado
- Zaynah Hindi – Berkeley, California
- Trina Jackson - Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- Lucas Johnson - Atlanta, Georgia
- Kamilah Moore - Altadena, California
- Rebecca Pierce - Portola Valley, California
- Zarinah Shakir - Lawrenceville, New Jersey
- Tyrone Simpson - Poughkeepsie, New York
- Josette Souza - Providence, Rhode Island
- Ann Ragland - Laurel, Maryland
- James Ricks - Ithaca, New York
- Angela Wellman – Oakland, California
Chicago Democratic Socialists of America has staggered two year terms for its officers, but add in two vacancies among the officer positions and you have nearly a whole new crew selected at the June 17 membership convention. The meeting was held in the historic United Electrical Workers Hall at 37 S. Ashland in Chicago. Clara Alcott was elected female co-chair. Leonard Pierce was elected male co-chair. Hope Payton-Carrillo was elected secretary. Dele Balogun and Ramsin Canon will share the political education officer position (but only one vote). Peg Strobel remains as treasurer, that term ending next June.
In August 2017 Dele Balogun stood for election to the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee, at the National Convention in Chicago, the Northside Chicago Democratic Socialists of America.
- My name is Dele Balogun. I spent a lot of my late childhood years growing up in Ohio, both in Cleveland and Youngstown. Life experiences in Youngstown left a huge impact on my political evolution through the years. I come from a working class family and background.
- My grandfather and other members of my family worked for Youngstown Sheet and Tube throughout the 1950s to the late 1970s when the steel mill was closed. Youngstown was one of the sites of the Little Steel Strike, which marked a turning point for workers power in the steel industry in the 1930s. My late grandfather, a proud United Steelworkers member, hailed from this legacy.
- I spent 8 years in Portland, Oregon where I immersed myself in activism, movement-building, and socialist education. From there, I moved to Chicago 2 years ago, now my permanent home, and where I intend to dedicate my life to building the DSA and the Left.
- In the late summer of 2009, just as I was beginning to identify politically as a Socialist and organize with Socialist groups, I began work with an LGBT group in Portland, Oregon, which organized a local march in October of that year as part of the National Equality March on Washington. In 2011, I visited the Madison Wisconsin capitol occupation and later in the year threw myself into Occupy Wall Street organizing. Since then, I have supported and participated in movements such as Black Lives Matter and Fight for 15. In the Fall of 2014, I participated in the African Heritage Delegation to Palestine where I met with Palestinians struggling for liberation against the brutal occupation.
- We need to develop a vision for the type of society we are fighting for. So far, this isn’t at all clear. I see the DSA as an eventual mass organization fighting for a Socialist society, where the working class collectively and democratically controls the economy and society, and where human potential is liberated in a way that the world has never seen.
DSA Friends and Comrades coalition
According to John Michael Colon;
- The DSA Friends and Comrades coalition is something that came out of DSA Libertarian Socialist Caucus members and was organized by LSC members informally and hasn't been approved by the group. We wish them well, and some of us will vote for them and promote them on our social media, but they don't represent the LSC. Next convention we aim to organize a primary and democratic process to put forward a slate. 
Members who stood were Dele Balogun, Jordan Buchman, Jetta Rae Robertson, Alexandra Dudley, John Hieronymus, Alexander Kolokotronis, Brad McGarr, Jack Suria Linares, Dan Pozzie, Brandon Payton-Carrillo.
2017-2017 DSA NPC members
Members elected to the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee, August 2017;
- Catherine Hoffman
- Chris Maisano
- Christian Bowe
- Christine Riddiough
- Danny Fetonte
- Dele Balogun
- Ella Mahony
- Jeremy Gong
- Joseph Schwartz
- Theresa Alt
- Allie Cohn
- Leslie Driskill
- Natalie Midiri
- R.L. Stephens
- Ravi Ahmad
- Zac Echola
Environmental Working Group - Chicago DSA
- [http://www.ifpb.org/africanheritage/statement.html African Heritage Delegation to Palestine/Israel STATEMENT OF THE 2014 AFRICAN HERITAGE DELEGATIONApril 2, 2015]
- A Turning Point on the Left? Libertarian Caucus Debuts at Democratic Socialist Conference Saturday, August 05, 2017 By Adam Weaver, Truthout
- Jetta RaeFollow Aug 1 Introducing DSA Friends and Comrades