David Brock is a former conservative activist/journalist, turned 'progressive' media pundit. He is the CEO of Media Matters for America.
He currently serves on the board of The Progressive Legislative Action Network, an organization created to support progressive state legislators.
JournoList members reportedly coordinated their messages in favor of Barack Obama and the Democrats, and against Sarah Palin and the Republican Party. JournoList was founded in 2007 and was closed down in early 2010.
Progressive States Network
In 2010, David Brock served on the Board of Directors for the Progressive States Network, an organization which seeks to "transform the political landscape by sparking progressive actions at the state level".
Brock was the recipient of the New Democrat Network's first award for political entrepreneurship.
- The Real Anita Hill: The Untold Story (1993, Biography)
- The Seduction of Hillary Rodham (1996, Biography)
- Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative (Crown, March 2002, Political Memoir)
- The Republican Noise Machine: Right-Wing Media and How It Corrupts Democracy, (Crown, May 2004)
- Free Republic: JournoList: 151 Names Confirmed (with News Organizations), July 30, 2010 (accessed August 2, 2010)
- PSN website: Board of Directors (accessed on Sept. 1, 2010)