- 1 Favored working with the Socialists
- 2 DSA’s Cuba Letter
- 3 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 4 2008 elections
- 5 DSA contact
- 6 ARA
- 7 Occupy Boulder Involvement
- 8 Bernie Sanders Fundraiser
- 9 Socialism lecture
- 10 Support for Bernie Sanders
- 11 Coloradans for Bernie
- 12 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 13 Boulder Jacobin Reading Group
- 14 References
He is a retired Colorado University librarian.
Favored working with the Socialists
- We the undersigned Colorado-Wyoming NAM members. and friends, favor closer work between and the Socialist Party USA.
DSA’s Cuba Letter
David Anderson signed an April 2003 Statement on Cuba, initiated and circulated by prominent Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) member Leo Casey, calling for the lifting of trade sanctions against Cuba.
- “a statement circulating among democratic left/socialist folks, largely by members of Democratic Socialists of America, condemning the recent trials and convictions of non-violent dissenters in Cuba”.
The petition criticized Cuba's poor human rights record, but shared the blame for Cuba's problems with reactionary elements of the U.S. administration...
- The democratic left worldwide has opposed the U.S. embargo on Cuba as counterproductive, more harmful to the interests of the Cuban people than helpful to political democratization. The Cuban state's current repression of political dissidents amounts to collaboration with the most reactionary elements of the U.S. administration in their efforts to maintain sanctions and to institute even more punitive measures against Cuba.
Many of the petition's 120 odd signatories were known members of DSA.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
David Anderson played a significant role in Colorado, despite having no functioning DSA local at the time . He served as a precinct chair and on the steering committee of the local Progressive Democrats. They defeated two of three anti-labor initiatives that were on the ballot (including the first defeat of a right-to-work law since the 1970s) and expect the third to be struck down in court. “Maybe now we’re headed to a period where being a socialist publicly means more,” he comments. “Those big questions are being raised, like what do you do with the auto industry?”.
Occupy Boulder Involvement
On Oct. 19, 2011, Democratic Socialists of America member David Anderson wrote of his involvement with the Occupy Boulder protests;
- "I am getting involved in Occupy Boulder, which only got started last weekend. I spoke at the very first General Assembly. I got up to respond to a Ron Paul supporter then I proceeded to talk about DSA, democratic socialism, and the need for coalitions. Quite general. 10 or 15 minutes. Got a good response."
Bernie Sanders Fundraiser
This Sunday June 14 2015, from 3 to 5 pm...Leslie Lomas, David Anderson, and Karen Gruber would like to invite you to our Wine & Cheese & Snacks (of course, gluten free and vegan options available) Fundraising Extravaganza!! It's at Leslie's house -- call if you need directions. We will have Bernie Sanders information and merchandise available and will talk about the progress of the campaign and the election process here in Colorado.
Bernie 2016: democratic socialism as an alternative to mainstream economics.
Lecture presentation by: Prof. Tracy Mott, University of Denver, Dept. of Economics at Boulder Public Library, Sunday August 23
Event organized by Denver-Boulder Democratic Socialists of America (DSA)
Tracy Mott, Professor of Economics at the University of Denver, provides an economic analysis of democratic socialism and explains how alternative economic policies can reshape our economy so that it works for all Americans.
For more information, please contact Denver-Boulder DSA Chair David Anderson.
Support for Bernie Sanders
David Anderson pledged support for Bernie Sanders through Labor for Bernie, a "nationwide network of labor activists, backing Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign."
Coloradans for Bernie
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
Boulder Jacobin Reading Group
David Anderson was a member of the group.
- Resolutions packet for the 1980 NAM convention, page 10
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Democratic Left, Winter 2009
- FLICKR 2010, Taken on October 25, 2010
- DSA: DSA Members Participate in Occupy Wall Street (accessed on Nov. 2, 2011)
- http://www.annas-list.com/forums/showthread.php?7164-Bernie-Sanders-Fundraiser Annas List, Bernie Sanders Fundraiser red dave 06-11-2015]
- Left Hand Books August 7 at 10:10am