RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, and many others.
“Minnesotans For Peace”
A group of at least 18 Minnesotans are expected to set off July 21, 2010, for the “National Peace Conference” in Albany NY
Many of the Minnesotans traveling to Albany were involved earlier this year in repeated efforts in both Minnesota and in Washington DC requesting Minnesota Senators Klobuchar and Franken to explain their positions as well as contacts with other Minnesota congresspersons requesting they vote against the supplemental war funding and to seek withdrawal of all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq .
- John Braun - AlliantAction and Twin Cities Peace Campaign
- Kim Doss-Smith – Women Against Military Madness
- Marie Braun - Women Against Military Madness and Twin Cities Peace Campaign
- Pat Cretilli - Women Against Military Madness
- Paul Bauer - Women Against Military Madness
- Ward Brennan - Veterans for Peace
- Maxine McNamara - Women Against Military Madness
- Polly Mann - Women Against Military Madness
- Meredith Aby - AntiWar Committee
- Sarah Martin - Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- Alan Dale - Iraq Peace Action Coalition
- Kristin Dooley - Mayday Books and Women Against Military Madness
- Joe Callahan - Cuba Committee
- Coleen Rowley- Burnsville and Eagan Peace Vigils
- Marcial Castro – Cuba Committee and Hands Off Honduras
- Jack Rossbach – Minnesota Campaign to Ban Landmines and Cluster Munitions
- Dehlia Jurek --Peace in Action of Taylor Falls
- Debbie Wilken --the Minnesota Peace Project.
- [http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php/http:/bcnews.go.com/duboard.php?az=printer_friendly&forum=160&topic_id=39686&mesg_id=39686 “Minnesotans For Peace” to travel to National Conference This Week for Peace Posted by annm4peace on Tue Jul-20-10 11:47 PM]