Claire N. Kaplan is Sexual Assault Education Coordinator at the University of Virginia.
Circa early 1980s Claire Kaplan, Membership Coordinator was listed as a contact for the Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America Exectutive Committee. Kaplan was also listed as serving on the Socialist-Feminist Committee. At the bottom of the list was the statement, "Change the USA, work with DSA!".
Socialist Community School
Los Angeles DSA Executive Board 1989
According to Los Angeles Left October 1989, Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America's Executive Board consisted of Ben Dobbs, Brad Jones, Barbara Hooper, Claire Kaplan, Bob Niemann, Paul Schimek, Harold Meyerson, Steve Tarzynski.
Democratic Socialists of America
DSA Feminist Commission
In 1986 she was listed as a member of the Commission.
Move to Virginia
A native Southern Californian, Kaplan moved to the University of Virginia in 1991 having already “come out” as a lesbian. “The Women’s Center [where the Sexual Assault Education Office is housed] has been a good place to work since day one,” she said.
In 1991, Claire Kaplan was chair of DSA's national Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Commission.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- DSA contacts sheet
- Socialist Community School committee member list Feb 1982
- LA DSA members letter July 10 1982
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- email from C Riddiough to S Tarzynski Dec 9 1994
- DSA Feminist Commission Directory, 1985
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- Democratic Left, May/June 1991, page 15
- Dem. Left, Jan./ Feb. 1994, page 13
-  DSA website 1997, accessed May 27, 2010